QS seats on Asiana ORD-ICN

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by Jeffrey, Feb 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm flying on OZ235 on a Sunday three weeks from now, and I'd been seeing a lot of mixed discussion about whether I'm likely to get their new QS seats in C. I believe - and the seat map I used to pick a seat on the place seems to back this up - that Sunday's flight is a 2-class plane with QS seating. According to flightaware, it was listed as a 772 every day back to 1/21, when it was a 77W. I know a 3-class QS plane flies this route M/W/F, but I'm hpoing for some help deciphering flightaware. Are all of these planes, including the old non-QS ones, listed as 772, or should I be hoping to see 77L or 77W?

2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    If it's listed as 77W or 77L then you have the QS seats. If it's listed as 772 or 777 then you have the old C seats.

3. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Silver Member

Status Points:
    Given that I booked these through United, is it worth keeping an eye out for LH seats to open up, or some other routing? In other words, is there a way to find out whether what looks like a switch back to old C seats for whatever reason will last until my flight?

4. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would just call OZ to confirm the new seats on your day of departure. No one knows if there will be a last-minute equipment change....

Instead of LH, I would consider NH's 77W to NRT then either NH or OZ C to ICN/GMP. Since GMP is basically in Seoul, I'd go with that airport.