QF availability on Expert Flyer: can AA see the same inventory for awards?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by TheBeerHunter, Feb 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do folks here have experience with regards to AA being able to see the same QF award availability that you can see in Expert Flyer? Generally, is EF reliable in terms of premium cabin space specifically being available to AA for booking?

2. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I answered my own question, I think...searching on Award Nexus looking at BA oneworld availability finds the same inventory, so I guess it must be available to partners (and not just QF's FFP).

Now I need to convince my husband to switch some travel plans around...

3. Robt760

Robt760 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had better luck signing up for a QF account and looking for availability there. Mine resulted in a First Class round trip (one segment was on the A380) which was in 2009. It sure was hard 'coming down' off of that high :cool:

4. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I have one of those too...but I've read that QF releases inventory to their own FFs first -- before they open it up to partners.

I bet that a380 trip was great...that's what I am looking for too :)

5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Could it be that QF releases inventory at about 353 days out but AA does not allow booking until 330 days, giving QF FFers a head start? Seems more of an AA issue than a QF policy.

I did QF F on the A380 SIN-SYD, and then SYD-LAX. Was fantastic, though in retrospect I preferred the service on CX. The hard product and food was much better on QF though.

6. beaktor

beaktor Silver Member

Status Points:
    Right now I too have a ticket one way MEL-LAX in A380 F and really look forward to comparing it to last year's CX HKG-SFO F. TheBeerHunter, I've found that EF matches AA's view on inventory so far for QF in my experience.

A note though - Qantas' FF booking engine likes to show 'first' available when just one segment in F (even if it's a domestic F segment) so be careful when clicking through to confirm.

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  7. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just wanted to add that ExpertFlyer matches exactly to what AA can see. Found a J A380 seat outbound LAX-SYD and a F seat return SYD-LAX by searching ExpertFlyer. Right after I called AA and got them started in the ticketing process, the availability disappeared. I assume it was because of me :D. The BA tool also worked well for me, but I mainly used EF because I'm most familiar with its interface. 135,000 miles (62.5k J, 72.5k F) and around $120 later, I've got 5 days in Sydney with flights in premium classes on the QF A380 both ways.