QF/AA Awards

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Efilon87, Jun 11, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

Had a question about the mileage pricing on the routing SFO-JFK (AA); JFK-LAX-SYD (QF). Really just wanting to fly QF in J from JFK-SYD. I have to segment it out as I am based in SFO. It was booked saver first for SFO-JFK and saver business for JFK-LAX-SYD. The routing is about 1,000 over the 25M. Currently being charged 95,000 mile for this one-way. Wondered if I should call the EP desk and see if they can re-price the mileage. Lastly, having a bit of trouble finding the return routing, AA give HA/AA flights through HNL. Thoughts on both/either is appreciated Thanks!! Screen Shot 2015-06-11 at 7.42.48 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-06-11 at 6.51.52 PM.png

2. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since I know the question is coming, the reason for the backtracking is that QF JFK-LAX is on my bucket list. :cool:

MX likes this.
  3. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    If it's on your bucket list, pony up the extra miles (or just buy a ticket and originate on the award from JFK). I doubt AA's going to budge on this one.

MX and flyforawg like this.
  4. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    I doubt they will also and with for two reasons: a ) Its too far out currently.
    b) with AA now flying to OZ why would they re-price it when there might be availability on their metal.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    Efilon87 and flyforawg like this.