Qatar vs. Delta

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by MX, Mar 16, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    The war of words continues with the chief of Qatar Airways taking a swipe at the age and unsanitary condition of Delta's fleet. Let's hope that the competition on international routes will help improve the travelers' experience in general.
    http://news.yahoo.com/qatar-airways-boss-accuses-delta-flying-crap-planes-131601698.html

2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think this is the key argument:
    And he was also damning of those who criticised the aviation industry's record on environmental pollution.

"People who make lots of noise about CO2, people who make so much noise about greenhouse gases that are emitted from airplane engines, don't realise that they are constantly travelling by airplane, so they should start walking or going on horseback if they really mean what they say."

3. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I get the point, but that statement is technically false. Horses would emit the most CO2 plus methane as well for the same distance traveled (per person). :D
    Among the most commonly used modes of transport today, buses score the lowest carbon footprint.

anileze, Newscience and iolaire like this.
  4. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, he does have some good points, but needs to hire and listen to a good public affairs person, who could say all this without inserting his foot in his mouth.

jonspencer and MX like this.
  5. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Qatar definitely has some valid points, he is "spot on" with the crap planes comment :eek:

however these Q guys can be some of the most elitist, most easily offended, insecure and socially inept people anywhere in the world

my understanding is that only 30 years ago Doha made Dhaka seem quaint + cosmopoilitan, now they are the new masters of the universe :cool:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    Newscience and MX like this.
  6. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    What you're describing is an inferiority complex. I agree with al-Baker that they have made much progress lately. If this trend continues, the inferiority complex will eventually fade. As far as Doha, IMHO it's still pretty much a shell without content.

jonspencer and Newscience like this.
  7. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am sitting in Doha this very moment and overall it does have a fairly hollow ring to it :eek:

8. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Give me an unlimited amounts of monies; Or, a string of oil wells (or diamond mines) and I'll make make a new Vegas in Vanatu too :D

traveller99 and MX like this.
  9. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good point, and Vanuatu is the best place for new construction, having just been leveled by a hurricane.

Flyer1976 and anileze like this.
  10. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just flew some giant sectors on EY and DL back to back...OK, EY is not QR but still.... I can say DL in int'l Y wasn't bad at all. The hard product is very competitive, not mejor en su clase... and just as well.

MX likes this.