Qatar award booking help

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Middle East/Africa' started by Lou, Jun 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Lou

Lou Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi. United's agents are giving me no end of trouble, so I'm hoping someone with QR status can lend a hand.

I have a few United points sitting around and a pending trip to MLE that starts in AUH. I could buy on Etihad (and I may) but I'd rather burn some miles on QR. The issue is that United's site says the flight I want is available, but the agent's say that their new system is giving them issues and they can't see it. So I'm helping someone with status on QR can lend a hand.

I'm trying to get a flight for two with the following:
    1-Aug-12 23:45-23:45 AUH-DOH QR129 (economy)
    2-Aug-12 01:00-07:45 DOH-MLE QR380 (economy)

Thank you to anyone who can help.

As a secondary note, what is QR's award booking class for economy and business? I can't find a reference for that anywhere.

jetsetboy likes this.
  2. jetsetboy

jetsetboy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lou, have you tried booking from United's website directly? I put in a false award booking and was able to select the exact flights on Qatar that you mentioned above.

3. Lou

Lou Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have tried that. The booking system was throwing an unspecified error so I had to call.

4. jetsetboy

jetsetboy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh ok. You left that part out. :D Since you're using United miles to book the itinerary, the issue will have to be worked out on their end.