QATAR AIRWAYS

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Middle East/Africa' started by guitartexan, Sep 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. guitartexan

guitartexan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey folks, need some help.
    I have around 7k Qatar points that are set to expire on 09/30. Any suggestions to keep them active short of using them on a trip? I won't be going to the Middle East again till my next deployment-around end of 2013. I understand they have partnered with Porter Airways. Any possibility there? I called Porter but the lovely young lady was clueless as to what I was talking about.

Muchos Gracias.

2. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Slow_Mustang Silver Member

Status Points:
    9/30 - Kinda short notice. Making a small online store purchase with miles to your airline or buying a magazine subscription are my favorite things to do when all else fails. But there might not be enough time for you to do either.

3. guitartexan

guitartexan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, very short. I don't see that QA or Porter have a portal to buy something through........

4. HereOrThere

HereOrThere Silver Member

Status Points:
  5. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    How about transferring from SPG? I think it would keep the account active.even if you don't have an starwood account you could sign up,buy 1k for 30 bucks or so and transfer to Qatar.then of course fingers crossed that it clears before 9/30(it's pretty tight).i don't think those 7k worth the hassle if you don't have some extra spg points but of course that's only up to you....