Qatar Airways Marriage & Pregnancy Policies Changed For Crews

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 28, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Qatar Airways has long been criticized for the treatment of their staff. While the Middle East offers some amazing career opportunities for foreigners, many people living in the "modern world" would argue that some of Qatar Airways' policies are egregious. For example, historically Qatar Airways has had policies against their cabin crew getting married and/or pregnant, has given their employees curfews when at home, and has forbidden opposite sex guests at their accommodations. In the past I've raised the question of the ethics of flying Qatar Airways. Specifically, should you not support a company/country when you disagree with their policies? And if so, where do you draw the line? Most of us probably don't agree with all the policies of most countries, so how egregious do policies have to be for us to vote with our wallets/feet? In many ways I think our horizons are widened by experiencing different cultures, even if we disagree with them. And I think that's largely true of the Middle East. At the same time, do you want to be supporting a company and country with policies like that? The post Qatar Airways Marriage & Pregnancy Policies Changed For Crews appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...