Qatar Airways CEO hits out at 'uncompetitive' US carriers

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Middle East/Africa' started by uggboy, May 15, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Qatar Airways CEO hits out at 'uncompetitive' US carriers

MX, Newscience and jonspencer like this.
  2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Many of Al Baker's comments are spot on! Of course his reasons for speaking out are far from altruistic, and the same comments could someday be applicable to the ME3 as well. But for now the competition is definitely welcome, and should be encouraged.

uggboy likes this.
  3. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:

Akbar Baker runs a competitive "cut-throat" business and will intimidate government, aircraft manufacturers, airlines to make his buck.

Typical middle-eastern gun slinger!

4. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    There may be reasons to dislike a competitor, but assaulting a man's ethnic heritage sure is a weak argument.

5. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    the guy is a bit of a blowhard but I agree with most of what he is saying :eek:

Emirates has been taking my business for granted and Skywards members got a recent "haircut" on their Skywards point totals. So I am near Gold status again with Qatar Airways (their Business Class might be better than EK but probably not their Economy) and I really like the new Doha Airport.

And if you are booked on Qatar in Economy, they sometimes email you with an offer for a cut-rate Business Class seat but the offer is time-sensitive, good 18 or 24 hours

On a recent Qatar connection I noticed they were selling some craft beers and a few decent wines, not too grossly over-priced, that you could buy at Duty Free if you were not entering Doha

Last edited: May 16, 2015
    MX likes this.
  6. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    In the meantime, the titans of commercial aviation took some time off to model their new socks. This festive occasion was a welcome break from their hard regimen of reducing seats pitch and devaluing their customer's mile accounts.
    Read more about their hard luck story here.

[​IMG]