Qatar Airways A350 Business Class Inaugural Flight

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jan 18, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Qatar Airways is the launch customer of the Airbus A350, and this past Thursday I had the opportunity to fly on the inaugural commercial A350 flight from Doha to Frankfurt. Usually it's a big deal when an airline takes delivery of a new plane (just look at Etihad and their A380), but in this case it was even bigger than that, since Qatar Airways was the first ever airline to take delivery of the A350. So it wasn't just a big deal for Qatar Airways, but also for Airbus. I had the chance to attend the Qatar Airways A350 delivery ceremony in Toulouse a few weeks back, which included a 45 minute media flight. I was curious to see how my impressions of the plane differed when actually flying it on a longer journey. The awesome thing about this experience was that there were a bunch of avgeeks on the plane, so with these flights there's not only the excitement of flying on a new plane, but also the fun of getting to see a bunch of old friends. The post Qatar Airways A350 Business Class Inaugural Flight appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...