Qantas Ups the Airport Lounge Ante with Candy Bars and Pizza Ovens

Discussion in 'Qantas Airways | Frequent Flyer' started by sobore, Sep 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.jaunted.com/story/2012/9/13/64345/9466/travel/Qantas Ups the Airport Lounge Ante with Candy Bars and Pizza Ovens
    [​IMG]

Frequent flyers rejoice...particularly in Australia. The folks over at Qantas have decided to add some more bells and whistles to their havens within the airport, if only to show off against that hot dog cart Air New Zealand's got.

For those of you that prefer to escape the hustle and bustle that comes with travel, the Red Roo has announced some changes to the domestic lounges. It's important to remember, however, that Qantas offers passengers multiple options for lounges depending on which cabin you are flying or if you hold baller status in their frequent flyer program.

The Qantas Club is the general lounge for passengers that have purchased membership or have gold status. Those passengers will have already seen the introduction of an Apple tech section with shiny new iMacs. If eating is more your thing, the menus have been upgraded with more seasonal fare. Some select lounges will see the addition of a Candy Bar for those with a sweet tooth, and wood-fired Italian pizzas for the savory dining option.

Read More: http://www.jaunted.com/story/2012/9/13/64345/9466/travel/Qantas Ups the Airport Lounge Ante with Candy Bars and Pizza Ovens

Jimgotkp and uggboy like this.
  2. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great.

Pizza - the food that would impale me upon the horns of a dilemma if I faced a choice between eating it or starving to death.

Whoop de doop.

Jimgotkp and uggboy like this.
  3. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can I have candy bars on my pizza?

Flyer1976 and sobore like this.
  4. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Candy bars? Seriously? Even more junk food is raising the bar? Wow.

Wood-fired pizza oven I can see; it's foodie and trendy. (I usually go for the salad and fruit at lounges anyway.)