Qantas Introduces Bid Now Upgrades — Good Idea?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Feb 11, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Qantas' Frequent Flyer program is one of the least lucrative out there, in my opinion. Usually I don't even bother mentioning when they change their program, since even a positive change will only move the program from terrible to horrible. ;) That being said, Qantas is introducing an innovative upgrade option, and I'm curious to hear what you guys think about it. I'm not sure whether I like it or not, but it's certainly interesting. It's common for airlines to want to generate as much incremental revenue as possible, especially given how "perishable" goods in the airline industry are. One of the ways they've been doing that is by selling last minute cash upgrades. Different airlines have different ways of doing it -- some only sell them at the airport, some at online check-in, some invite select passengers by email, or some let you bid on upgrades in advance. But those last minute upgrades are almost always for cash. Qantas is introducing new "Bid Now" Upgrades, described as follows: The post Qantas Introduces Bid Now Upgrades — Good Idea? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...