Qantas Frequent Flyer points set to be devalued

Discussion in 'Qantas Airways | Frequent Flyer' started by sobore, Feb 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.etravelblackboardasia.com/article/81877/qantas-rewards-set-to-be-devalued

Qantas Frequent Flyer points are set to be devalued as the airline faces pressures from the Federal Government’s carbon tax.

Around eight million frequent flyer members will be affected by price hikes, with Qantas and Jetstar customers already being hit by more price increases last week as a result of higher fuel costs and the carbon pricing scheme, the Australian.

Qantas Loyalty Head of operations Sid Gokani warned that Qantas and Jetstar customers will be affected by the carbon tax and fuel costs.

2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    The nominal devaluations get all the headlines... but most people forget the other devaluations that involve miles.... less and less award seat availability and other small/fine print issues that make miles less and less valuable.

I cant believe some folks still run balances in the millions and still hoard miles instead of burning them.....

MSPeconomist and TheBeerHunter like this.
  3. thewinchester
    Original Member

thewinchester Silver Member

Status Points:
    350 pt increase on top of a classic fare does not a devaluation make.

The headline is link bait, the article isn't worth the lines devoted to it, and I want the two minutes of my life back I wasted reading it.

Princess Fiona, LETTERBOY and ohianjo like this.