Qantas expands domestic economy service, offers iPad Minis

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Feb 16, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Qantas A380 (Courtesy: Wikipedia) While reading the Australian Business Traveller, I came across a very interesting article regarding improvements to Qantas’ domestic service. Qantas is making some bold moves to satisfy economy flyers as Virgin Australia expands its coverage and gives Qantas a bigger “flight” for revenue. I clearly fail at making jokes. Last September Qantas announced plans to be more generous in the serving size of their meals, improving meal quality, and adding more variety to meal options. On short and medium-range domestic flights, breakfast meals will be served an extra half hour on flights departing through to 8:59am. The new meal service includes a choice between a hot meal and a “substantial salad” for dinner on short-range and medium-range flights. Meals will be served in dinner boxes rather than a tray (in economy)… which I find to be weird but apparently Qantas has received a lot of positive feedback on change. Meanwhile, if you are flying aboard a Qantas Airbus A330 aircraft and your economy seat lacks a video seatback screen, you will be supplied with an Apple iPad Mini so that you can beam inflight movies, TV shows and music over WiFi to the iPad via Q [...] The post Qantas expands domestic economy service, offers iPad Minis appeared first on The Winglet.

Continue reading...