Qantas A380 Floods, Returns To LAX

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    image from wikicommons

Kim, Lucas and I were sitting in a local fast food joint in Omaha, Nebraska yesterday when a scary story came on the news.

A Qantas A380 flying from Los Angeles to Melbourne had to return back to LAX an hour into the flight due to a water leak which caused flooding onboard. The news story showed footage of the plane with water flowing down the aisles. It was definitely a sight that I never want to see in-person.

When we finally got to our hotel in Kansas City late last night, I had to look into the story and find out more of the details.

[​IMG]
    image from @Y7News on Twitter

Here is what I learned from USA Today.

• A burst water pipe sent water down the aisles of the plane
    • The flight took off at 12:14 AM ET and landed back at LAX around 2:40 AM
    • Qantas confirmed that the flight turned around due to a water leak onboard
    • The A.P. said “water ran down stairs in the cabin and dripped onto passengers seated in the lower deck. Some people were moved to drier areas of the plane.”
    • Qantas said “crew on board did everything they could to help customers, including moving them to unaffected areas and providing spare blankets so they could stay dry.
    • Qantas provided passengers with hotel accommodations while the issues were being worked on.
    • There were no safety issues and the plane was turned around “in the interests of passenger comfort“.

Have you ever had a scary situation happen during a flight? Luckily I haven’t and hope it stays that way.

Find out more in the USA Today article here.

The post Qantas A380 Floods, Returns To LAX appeared first on Michael W Travels….

The post Qantas A380 Floods, Returns To LAX appeared first on BoardingArea.

Continue reading...