Q4 2014 Hilton HHonors Hotel Category Changes

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Sep 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

As of April of this year, Hilton HHonors has shifted how they make award category changes. Rather than having massive award chart changes every so often, they're doing quarterly hotel category adjustments. That's to say that they're not changing the number of points required for each category every quarter, but rather are shifting which hotels belong in which categories. Ultimately I favor anything which isn't an award chart massacre like what we saw with HHonors early last year, though I don't really buy that this is being done to increase transparency. Basically, rather than emailing members when there's a big award chart change, they now have a website where Hilton lists the category changes. That sounds great in theory, except I'm not sure how a vast majority of members are expected to know when these changes happen. The post Q4 2014 Hilton HHonors Hotel Category Changes appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...