Q: What can LH do to increase your loyalty?

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by TRAVELSIG, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    As per thread title- what are the one or two (realistic) things that LH can do to increase your loyalty?

For me (and OK, it is not that realistic now)- reopen Kassel, or have a similar set of highly trained very effecient agents that can fix things when problems arise. I used to be so impressed by this benefit- much more than being driven to the plane in a large car.

kiwi and totti like this.
  2. Improve economy class. For private travel I often fly in Y, but the Y class product on transatlantic flights (especially from FRA) is not acceptable. No personal TV, only decent food and much to little leg room!

3. totti
    Original Member

totti Silver Member

Status Points:
    LH could increase the seat pitch to allow the C seat go fully flat. That would definitely increase my loyalty. Apart from that I would like to see some changes to M&M e.g. more upgrade certs for SEN qualification and renewal etc.

AHN and kiwi like this.
  4. ralfkrippner
    Original Member

ralfkrippner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Basically stop to change the M&M programm every year to the worse. You don't start a loyality programm and then treat your loyal members with declining privileges in regular steps. I can't see a reason to do this and I think they can only get away with it because other programms do the same.

Wanaflyforless likes this.
  5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed- one 1-way longhaul upgrade every two years for SEN is not that great. C seat fully flat- I think they will have to do this sooner or later to keep a competitive product.

6. FLYGVA

FLYGVA Active Member

Status Points:
    I agree, what ralf has written. I am quite a loyal customer and have credited all my miles to LH; even in those years, which were no requalifiying years (and in one year I could have easily gotten PE status on MP). But currently their attitude is annoying me more and more. Very short announcements of changing t&c to the worse and taking away benefits. Lounges, esp. those in FRA close to A 26 are a nightmare, their Y product in the 747 is not up to date. And they still consider themself as a top carrier with a top product.Marketing department sometimes seems to have lost the feeling for real life in their planes.

Maybe the best would be, that marketing should flew their own product in a middle seat in Y.

I would also like to see a SWU for every 50k in the years one did not have to requalify as an advantage as well als 100% mls on all LH longhaul Y flights (so you earn at least 100% on all LH Y Fares).

AHN, alex0683de and TRAVELSIG like this.
  7. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ooh I'd love that to be a requirement for all airline marketers.

8. alex0683de
    Original Member

alex0683de Silver Member

Status Points:
    Indeed. I would like the absolute minimum to be EZE-FRA-SIN-CGK return in the aft-most section of the 744.

I would also like to see increased seat pitch in C so the seats can go fully flat, and I would like them to bring back the additional eVouchers for every 50K status miles (or even 50K HON miles if they prefer).

Rom Sac and kiwi like this.
  9. SocialAdept
    Original Member

SocialAdept Silver Member

Status Points:
    Buy SAS.
    Fire spoiled pilots
    ??????
    Profit!

10. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am modest - fully flat seat in C would do for me [​IMG]

11. zabes
    Original Member

zabes Active Member

Status Points:
    I'd say a bigger % bonus for Senators, why do Frequent Travellers and Senators get the same 25%, additionally, more upgrade vouchers, and the ability to book the Exit Row beforehand even if you're on a Code Share Flight but it is LH equipment... I came over from BMI and am also a UA 1K/MM and I have to say I have been less than pleased with ow LH treats it's preferred customers and the last minute changes are horrible... At least UA listens to its top customers when it does something that we don't like.

LH really has that mentality of if you don't like what we offer go somewhere else.

12. LFCorsten
    Original Member

LFCorsten Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately a lot of german companies have this wrong attitude. Not to say this is correct, but on the other hand german customers have a tendency to squeeze the company. This is sometimes self defense.

13. benolaa
    Original Member

benolaa Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fix the award chart so that if you start somewhere besides Europe (USA) and want to go to Middle East you can without requiring the crazy amount of points that a multi award costs.

14. GBM
    Original Member

GBM Silver Member

Status Points:
    where do I start...
    hard product:
    Flat seats in C as everyone said (between 77W NH C and A380/77W SQ C would be excellent)
    Revamp AVOD (let's be honest after a return in longhaul there is not much left to be entertained about)
    AVOD on shorthaul if we're thinking outside the box
    Revamp lounge offering (food; seating; entertainment in general. Put a couple of playstations there)
    M&M:
    ELT earning more than those nasty 125 miles and intercontinental 50%
    Award chart back to Dec'10
    Cash+miles
    Evouchers on codeshares
    I think I've just described DC [​IMG]

15. Rambuster
    Original Member

Rambuster Silver Member

Status Points:
    Fully flat C seat.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  16. SocialAdept
    Original Member

SocialAdept Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is generally a good strategy if you're offering a premium or market-leading product, it was sometime since LH offered the best product across the board though.

17. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ha Ha Ha.....

Prior to retirement?

18. cockpitvisit
    Original Member

cockpitvisit Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought it was already offered on selected C seats ;)

Anyway, I think LH should offer a "leisure traveller" program. Submit an affidavit that you will only travel for leisure, and book cheap Z fares at any time without restrictions ;)

19. Rambuster
    Original Member

Rambuster Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm working on increasing my net worth so that I don't need to worry about these things anymore.
    I can then simply buy the F ticket without having to worry about upgrades.
    However, progress is tricky ...

20. airoli
    Original Member

airoli Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stop charging absolutely outrageous amounts of fees and "taxes", frequently higher than on revenue tickets, for any sort of award ticket. My North America - EU hub - EU destination return tickets these days cost around $600 in cash on top of the miles.

This is really frustrating and to me feels like a huge devaluation of my miles, much more significant than any grid changes.

kipale78, TRAVELSIG and kiwi like this.
  21. synd
    Original Member

synd Silver Member

Status Points:
    get M&M & LH service back to pre 2004 changes. At that time I was pretty happy to have a SEN card in my wallet. Now it just feels like I have to carry yet another blaah card. Maybe I have gotten older, but in those days I was pretty impressed with LH service.

22. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Excellent points.

23. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    The biggest problem has been the huge increase of the number of SEN members.

24. Rambuster
    Original Member

Rambuster Silver Member

Status Points:
    LH dished out so many SEN cards in various countries as part of their status match programs... no wonder the SEN lounges are packed.

25. NewbieRunner
    Original Member

NewbieRunner Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any idea of SENs vs *Gs in SEN lounges? Different between A and B SEN lounges in FRA and G and H lounges in MUC I suppose?