Q Re: SLC-CDG/AMS-MSP in J

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by THREEA4ME, Sep 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi,

Flying LAX-SLC-CDG -- CDG-AMS (27 hours) AMS-MSP-LAX all in biz and just wondering if anyone has been on these flights before and also what kind of lounge access, if any, would I be receiving (Particularly interested in ARRIVALS LOUNGE at CDG). It's all Delta metal except for CDG-AMS biz flight where I'm pretty sure I have zero lounge access.

Thanks!

2. tebfunk

tebfunk Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't flown on *all* of those flights before, but I can help with the lounge access question!

In business class on a SkyTeam member you will have access to the majority of lounges, but not those that are reserved for "First Class" only.

For LAX, SLC, and MSP you should be able to access the various Delta SkyClubs. If you look on the Delta site you can see all the locations, along with hours and amenities. Make sure to change the drop down menu to "Delta Business Elite or SkyTeam Premium Cabin Passenger": SkyClub Locations

In CDG you would have access to the Air France Arrivals Lounge, which is in 2C, after Customs, and has showers. You actually would also have access to a Departure lounge when you leave to fly CDG-AMS, provided you are still flying a SkyTeam member, and they have several lounges depending on which terminal you are using. CDG Lounges

In AMS, you would have access to the KLM Crown Lounge, or, technically, the ServiceAir Lounge, although I haven't used that. AMS Lounges

Hope that helps!!

3. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    so helpful!

I have a 43 minute connection at SLC and terminal switch to jump on the flight to CDG. Nervous about making it.

My flight from SLC-CDG is in business elite as they don't have first on the flight. Guess that gets me into Air France Arrivals Lounge, which is all I really want -- a couple hours of refreshing before I take the RER to St. Michel and my hotel.

4. tebfunk

tebfunk Silver Member

Status Points:
    SLC was my home airport for years, so I might be biased, but I think it's a pretty easy airport. Even if you had to walk from the A gates to the E gates (which you won't), 40 minutes is generally doable. Not nearly as bad as LAX would be!

5. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, T-Funk.

Obviously worried that if my flight from LAX is late and I miss the connection, than I'm in big trouble --

not sure what happens then. I'm in biz elite but I have to be in Paris by noon the next day.

6. tebfunk

tebfunk Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, I am definitely NOT the expert on delays, but there are two direct flights a day on Air France from LAX-CDG. I would imagine that if your flight from LA was going to be delayed dramatically that they could put you on one of those flights instead.

7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you have (Euro)business on AF or KLM for CDG-AMS, you will have lounge access before the flight. You can't use the AF La Premiere Salon as its only for AF IFC passengers, but you can use any DL SC or AF/KLM lounge before your flights as well as the CDG AF arrivals lounge. For the AMS-MSP flight, the A330 is much nicer than the old horrid 767-300, although I prefer the later flights. Since you can use the KLM lounges at AMS, I would avoid ServiceAir unless the KLM lounge is unreasonably crowded.

8. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    MSPec,

I am flying all Delta metal: LAX-SLC-CDG-/CDG-AMS-MSP-LAX all in business or business elite. It is my understanding that I can go into the Delta lounge at LAX and won't have time for the SLC lounge (40 min between landing and liftoff there/tight!) and then I'll have AF Arrivals Lounge (so important after 10 hour flight) and then won't have anything for business flight to AMS but will have KLM lounge at AMS before my flight to MSP, no?

9. mersk862
    Original Member

mersk862 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Since you're in business for CDG-AMS you get access to the Salon in CDG when you leave. If you're ST Elite Plus you'd have it as well since its an international flight.

10. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have no elite status with Delta or AF or KLM but thanks so much.

By the way, is it bad form to a) put on pajamas on the SLC-CDG flight and b) put on BA First pajamas on a delta flight?

11. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are correct. Since you're on an international J ticket, you get any SC on the day of the flight (LAX, SLC out bound and MSP in bound).

AF in CDG: the salon is decent

KLM Crown Lounge in AMS (the one for those leaving Shengen areas) is quite nice too.

Again, as a J customer, you get the lounge and expedited security. In CDG, as you get off the plane for the transfer, you'll see a special line on the floor/wall directing J customers to expedited immigration and security.

Dave