PVD/BOS Group Mileage Run

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Sean Colahan, Apr 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was wondering if any US flyers out there would want to do a group mileage run out of PVD (or BOS if the fares are way better). It would probably be a saturday or sunday run as I think that would be most convenient for the most people. Let me know your thoughts on this, if you think it would be something fun for us PVD flyers to do together.

2. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you find a good *A one out of Boston, I'm totally game! My girlfriend is going to make fun of me until the end of time since she only likes using my miles but not necessarily the pursuit of them, but I want to do a MR at least once

Sean Colahan likes this.
  3. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife thought I was a bit crazy...until we started flying with status. She didn't how nice it is until recently when she was flying on her own (with no status) and had zone 5 boarding, long security lines, and no free upgrades. She is now on board:D

viguera and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Funny thing, my wife went through the same "a ha" moment herself. Now she brags about being star *a silver. I still chuckle at the wanna be status munchkin. Told her that silver plus a dollar will still leave her $4 Short of non lounge airport bottle of water.

Sean Colahan and DeacFlyer1 like this.
  5. dcpatti
    Original Member

dcpatti Silver Member

Status Points:
    Depending on the timing, I might be up for a MR but it'd have to be July or later--- just booked my third week-long work trip for May, and have a (much needed) 2-week-plus vacation in June. I will miss my dog and my house after all that. I'd prefer BOS over PVD but can do either, or route your MR through DCA and I can meet up with you there! Sean you would finally have an excuse to come see my favorite little airport :D

Sean Colahan likes this.
  6. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds good Patti. And there is nothing more that I would love than to spend a couple of hours connecting through your "favorite little airport":) With how fares are looking, BOS is winning out over PVD.

7. jemmazee
    Original Member

jemmazee Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm interested too! My last (and one and only) MR, was actually out of BOS returning to PVD during the HSJ promo last year (to guarantee CP, which I ended up getting BIS, but had a fun day anway!). I took MBTA and the silver line to BOS and then home from PVD was easy. It was nice not to have to journey back from BOS after flying around all day.

8. ab3i
    Original Member

ab3i Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am interested as well, can use the EQMs for UA/CO.

9. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds interesting - might be fun. Please keep me posted.

10. kwidhalm
    Original Member

kwidhalm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm in!

11. sorry to bring this thread back seeing as it's been almost 2 months since last post, but I was wondering if anything ever happened with this idea?

12. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still working on it...unfortunately summer fares make not a friendly mileage run.

13. kwidhalm
    Original Member

kwidhalm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had found one for a Saturday-Sunday in October and booked it. The BOS-PHL-MAD-PHL-BOS.....I'm going to be one tired chica by Sunday night but for $350 and on US metal even will make me a very happy girl. :D

Sean Colahan likes this.
  14. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    What date? And through US?

15. kwidhalm
    Original Member

kwidhalm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I leave on Saturday, October 22 and return on the 23rd. :) Its a code share with Spanair but all flights on US metal. :)

16. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Crap! I totally forgot/didn't consider that fare sale to use for a mileage run. Looks like fare is gone, at least for those dates:-(

17. Ok, let me know. I have a hard time finding worthwile runs as well. I have tried using the farecompare where to go map for US only but have not been able to work the dates out.

18. I saw that fare, but took too long to decide...then it went kaput!!

kwidhalm likes this.
  19. kwidhalm
    Original Member

kwidhalm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I booked 3 trips on that deal! Two long weekends (thur-Mon) and the RUN! :) I'm kinda scared but I am hoping the crazy run that my crazy friend from Chicago had me book for Labor Day will be good training. :) Where aren't I going September 2nd? LOL! BOS-EWR-LAX-HNL-LAX-IAD-ORD-BOS! You can stick a fork in me after that because I will be DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Ozzy_JM likes this.
  20. Wow!!

I think I need to give out my BBM # so when these things show up someone can tell me :(. How is it I can find these things.:mad:

If I wanted to book that (BOS-EWR-LAX-HNL-LAX-IAD-ORD-BOS) what website would be the best and would you search via multiple cities?

21. kwidhalm
    Original Member

kwidhalm Gold Member

Status Points:
    My friend is 1K on UA and similar of CO. She is very savvy for all things air travel related and usually gives me the heads up. With that said I will give you my BBM # if you want it and I will forward any deals/tips that I receive. She is always checking FT, Kayak, ITA and then will book with whoever she can. The MAD trips were booked through Orbitz as was the HNL run. The $20 +taxes RT from BOS-SAN was booked on CO thanks to someones FAT fingers. :)

Kate :)

Ozzy_JM likes this.
  22. CDKing
    Original Member

CDKing Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do need to top off my CO miles. well i care about rdm only since i'm not renewing my *a status

Did you make sure you were ticketed? A lot of people had their itin's cancelled

23. kwidhalm
    Original Member

kwidhalm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep! All of mine are ticketed. ;)

24. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    so those interested would be competing for upgrades and probably get booked into different classes. i could envision the entire trip being "how'd xxxxx get an upgrade and not us!?!"

kwidhalm and Sean Colahan like this.
  25. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    We would just have to do the entire run on ERJ 170/175...no complaining on not getting upgraded.

mrredskin likes this.