Push for pet-friendly rooms makes hotels sit up and notice

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Oct 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

When the suitcases come out, Pepper goes into hiding.

She knows what it means: We're leaving, and she's not.

There are myriad benefits to traveling as much as I do. Leaving the dog behind is not one of them.

So when longtime friends put me in charge of finding a rental house for our biannual gathering at Deep Creek Lake, Md., I made an executive decision: The dog is coming with us.

Last year, a quarter of dog owners took their pooches on a trip that lasted at least two nights, according to a survey by the American Pet Products Association. And that number is expected to rise as more and more destinations cater to animals and their owners.

Read More: http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2011/10/push_for_pet-friendly_rooms_ma.html
    Concerto likes this.
  2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Great.... thats what we all need while on the road for business..... listen to some guys mutt whine all night because he misses his favorite pillow or doghouse..... :confused: :mad:
    Concerto and LETTERBOY like this.
  3. Concerto
    Original Member

Concerto Gold Member

Do ANY of these hotels care AT ALL about whether their patrons have allergies to dander and/or dog/cat fur? :mad:This issue just infuriates me and is the very reason I avoid using Air Canada whenever possible. And, if the hotels I stay in start allowing pets, I will be avoiding them, as well.
    LETTERBOY likes this.