Purchase ticket with United CC and credit miles to different SA FFP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by hiima, Apr 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. hiima

hiima Member

Status Points:
    Could I purchase a United ticket with United Explorer CC and credit my miles onto a different Star Alliance program?

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes. Just be sure to indicate to which *A FFP the miles should be credited before flying. You can ask an agent to do that for you at the airport when you check in. I am not sure now whether or not .bomb has that option, but third-party sites like Orbitz allow selection of any FFP at booking.

3. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Coincidently, I was trying to find my parents flight and couldn't find it anywhere in their accounts. I finally checked my email and they had the TA email me their itinerary never saw the email. I looked up their flight and notice there were no FF numbers associated with the flight. I proceeded to add their respective UA numbers and saw on the UA website multiple *A programs available. This was after the outbound and right before their return tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

NYCUA1K likes this.
  4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Based on what you said, I just viewed one of my reservations to see whether I could reassign the *A FFP to which the miles should be credited. Just below the reservations there is a pane labeled TRAVELER(S), under which there is a link for Edit Traveler Information. Following this link takes one to a page on which several things about the traveler, including at the very bottom of the page Frequent Flyer Information (Optional), can be changed. Selecting the latter item reveals a list with all the *A members, as well as UA partners, which can simply be selected and mile credit would be routed to it:
    UA CHANGE FFP.png

Caveat Emptor: The new selection must be made before a trip or the default FFP will be used.

Singapore Flyer likes this.