Puerto Rico for the Puerto Rico Marathon

Discussion in 'Other North America/non U.S.' started by katstarr, Jan 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi. I have registered for the Puerto Rico Marathon on Sunday May 5, 2013, and now have to work out the logistics.

http://marathonpuertorico.com/hotels/

I am thinking of going late friday May 3 or saturday morning May 4 and returning Tuesday May 7th (or the day before). I will likely book on Delta (gold) or American.

The "host hotel" is the Caribe Hilton - the "special" price is $149 per night - I've heard good things about it, but I've also heard its somewhat isolated and overpriced? (I'm currently Hilton Gold - will likely get a credit card to keep gold status)

I will book the Caribe for the marathon weekend - i.e. saturday night and sunday night, but was curious whether I should stay there the entire time or move to a hotel in Old San Juan for the last night. Any suggestions on where to stay/ go/ eat for that last day/night? Do those hotels have free airport shuttles? . I will probably be traveling solo, so safety is a concern.

thanks.

2. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    by the way, from the way I read it, the special rate for the Caribe Hilton does not include tax, but it does include the resort fee. It almost makes it tempting to stay there the entire time.... but I'd love to hear your suggestions

3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unless you need to mattress run, I would stay put. You will be fine there.

katstarr likes this.