Publix Supermarkets Offering Discount Amex Gift Cards through 2/15/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Mike1625, Feb 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Mike1625
    Original Member

Mike1625 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wasn't sure where to post this, but it might help some of you living in the Southeastern part of the US.

In the Publix ad (found in stores, no need to bring one in) is a coupon for $10 off a $50 Amex Gift card, limit one per customer (per visit), with no other required purcahse. After the Amex fee, cost is $44.95 for the $50 gift card.

I reasoned that this was a good place to start the thread, since many of us have credit cards that award more points and miles for grocery store purchases, so you can buy the cards, get max points (and some free money) and spend them in areas where you would earn less points.

PanAm and Wanaflyforless like this.
  2. sc801
    Original Member

sc801 Gold Member

Status Points:
    What a good deal! Thanks for posting. I am thinking one could just add this little gift card in to the total purchase of groceries as well. I think I may try it out tomorrow.

3. PanAm
    Original Member

PanAm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Too bad it didn't last two days longer, I'll actually be visiting an area with a Publix 17-22 Feb Thanks for posting, that's a good deal!

4. Nelumbo
    Original Member

Nelumbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's really a good deal. I wish I had a chance to get the southeastern area.

5. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here's field report, guys. Visited Publix Friday. They had 6 $50 cards left and I cleaned them out. No problem purchasing six at a time with 6 separate coupons. I was first told that I couldn't pay with a credit/charge card, only with cash, check, or debit. Checked with manager and was told that that was the old policy and that credit was fine. Checking my other local Publix today. Hopefully they haven't been cleaned out.

6. Mike1625
    Original Member

Mike1625 Silver Member

Status Points:
    They run this special every now and then ... if they are out of the gift cards, they will give you a rain check, but you have to keep a copy of the coupon for the raincheck to be valid.

7. noname2
    Original Member

noname2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What a great way to pay for coins!??

8. privateer
    Original Member

privateer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Amex Giftcards do not work. Nice try though.

9. noname2
    Original Member

noname2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Darn. I was excited for a second there!