PSA: still not a good idea to talk about bombs at the airpot...

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by viguera, Mar 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Incredible that in this day and age people still don't understand that no matter how upset they are, some things will get them in hot water for sure...

Take this guy... he's traveling with his family from TLV-EWR-FLL, and when they get to Newark find out his connecting flight is oversold, so they're getting the old IDB dance. Rather than finding an alternative (and getting some compensation) he goes on a tear because their luggage was interlined and he wanted it back "right now" -- then he says the magic words... that he's gonna say he put a bomb in the bag so they take it out of the plane.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...1z6EmWTO7MkM?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Local

sobore, goalie and iolaire like this.
  2. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    What's that little known saying? Something about you can't fix stoopit, right? ;)

3. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    why can't people understand that if a person really has something, he/she won't utter the word.

They should probably start detaining those who don't use the B word, because each of those could be hiding something.

4. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    God forbid the conversation I had on the cell phone while waiting at the gate one day... not realizing what I was doing: "Sure, I'll put the BOM together and send it to them. Did you want me to send them the bundle or just the plain one? I need to know which BOM to make."

In Sales, BOM = Bill of Materials = list of items needed for a quote, etc.

Pronounced: Bomb

Thankfully, it was a sales-y crowd that day and I didn't get to explain that to the police, TSA, etc. I did get some initial stares, though... but my body language clearly indicated I wasn't talking about a bomb.

viguera likes this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    We had a similar issue when we used to work for Citi. We had to have a sizeable meeting to make sure people would stop saying BOM. :)