PSA: Don’t Buy US Bank Visa Gift Cards from Ralphs / Kroger (GC Numbers Compromised)

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, May 13, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Good morning everyone, a few days ago, I was at a local Ralphs (Kroger) grocery store in Huntington Beach, CA and bought a $500 Visa Gift Card (issued by US Bank). I have bought many Visa gift cards before (including the specific gift card design below) and have not had any problems. Well, my streak has finally come to an end and it was a big pain in the butt to fix. Shortly after purchasing the gift card (like 5 minutes later), I took the gift card out of the packaging and called the number on the back of the gift card to set the PIN. After entering the 16 digit gift card number and the 3 digit security code, the voice on the phone said I was being transferred to a customer service rep. I hung up and entered the numbers again, thinking that I had miss-typed the numbers. Again, I was transferred to a customer service rep.

Continue reading...