Props when theyre due

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by HubletUAFlyer, Jan 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. HubletUAFlyer

HubletUAFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Without getting into all the details , I had a significant issue which required the involvement of the UA customer service team

I sent an email to Mr Smisek and not only did I receive a personal response within a couple of days, the issue I had identified was investigated and resolved to my satisfaction

I know there's a lot of griping that takes place in here but ill strike one up for UA and the customer service team!

sobore, desamo, bmg42000 and 3 others like this.
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Enjoy your Global Services status then! ;)

3. HubletUAFlyer

HubletUAFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was unrelated but I did receive notice that I'd been placed into a 2013 Automated GS review

4. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would like to add that, as a lowly Gold, I received a personal phone call today and prompt resolution of my service problem. I was very happy that they took the time to call and discuss my issue with me, and felt I got truly personal attention. Thanks, UA!

sobore likes this.
  5. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good to know. I have a fairly significant complaint that has no online resolution method. I haven't had time to pen the letter to Smisek yet, but it looks like that's going to be my only option. It's too early for me to opine, but it's nice to have some hope that they are paying attention this year. Last year, they did not.

6. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow this is nice to hear! Has UA discovered their most important asset is the customer? I wonder.;)

7. EyeOnTheSkies

EyeOnTheSkies Silver Member

Status Points:
    Smisek, even in the CO days (as well as last year) has always been really proactive about following up with letters if you have something substantive.

KenInEscazu and Flyer1976 like this.