Proposition for a CP...

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by PhlyingRPh, May 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    I provide you with the CO and UA Platinum and 1K telephone number, where judicious use of the word "Agent" gets you served quicker and by more experienced CSA's, and you provide me with the current CP phone number. Simple. Start a private conversation with me to complete.

2. sc801
    Original Member

sc801 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am thinking the only 'flaw' in that plan is that one is typically asked for one's Chairman's number (and or 1K/United Number, etc. .... and if it doesn't match .... then possibly you would be directed to another 'department.')

I will defer to the more knowledgeable as to the efficacy of this idea.

PhlyingRPh likes this.
  3. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Indeed. That's probably how things should work. However, with the previous CP number and with the current CO number, my experience is that if you start yelling "agent" at the appropriate time, the call still seems to be routed to an elite agent or to the front of the queue.

4. Halothane
    Original Member

Halothane Silver Member

Status Points:
    UA 1K number recognizes your phone number or asks you to enter your MP number before going through the phone tree.

PhlyingRPh and viguera like this.
  5. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Overall not a good idea in my opinion....there are methods of member recognition in place....I had an associate who called his elite line for one of his friends and if he wasn't traveling himself they really didn't want to help.....I think you're just asking for trouble here.....but that's just my opinion.

6. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You need to type in your account number to access the CP line.