Property Index / Reviews

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by peteropny, Feb 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

?

Should the Property Index & Reviews be in the Wiki or in a Sticky?

Poll closed Feb 22, 2011.
  1. Sticky - which is linked to in the Wiki

58.3%
  2. Wiki only - eliminate the Sticky

41.7%
  1. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    In the Wiki only or in a Sticky (with a link in the Wiki)?

2. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Voted but not really sure of the actuall difference and how it may affect my MP experience.

3. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Probably no real difference - biggest difference that I see is that if it's up in the Wiki, anyone can edit the "list" (not sure how many people would actually try to do it since its kind of technical and a bit tricky - actually trickier than on TOB). If it's in the sticky, only certain people (myself as the thread originator and anybody with admin rights to the forum) may edit it.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Voted for the Wiki as it helps maintain "reference information" in one place and editable by anyone who's interested in helping out.

5. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think leaving it as a sticky would provide faster access to the reviews.

kenbo likes this.
  6. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thx for the clarification. I guess the "wiki only" option makes more sense to me as things would be more streamlined in a sense.

7. synd
    Original Member

synd Silver Member

Status Points:
    considering the experience most of us have from another FF bulletin board, I would say that the wiki is a great addition to this site.

I love the idea to centralize all pertinent information regarding a program & locations in one place only, where you don't have to search through many threads to find the info you're looking for. Furthermore, I would like to hope (allright I'll confess I might be too naive) that this would help to eliminate a maximum of pointless threads, or posts within a thread asking the same questions over and over...

I'll agree with most of you in that it would a waste of time imo to keep two lists, and once again I'ld prefer the list to be on the wiki in order to create a site that is as easy to navigate as possible and where all information is centralized!

8. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Prefer sticky because like seeing latest reviews on properties I have not been to....its a good introduction. On wiki would be more likely to use it to only review places I am already thinking of visiting.