Promotion - 30 Beds in 30 Days

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by vickers, Oct 30, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Kalboz, iolaire, Newscience and 3 others like this.
  2. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would be nice to win one of those great beds, but I'm not joining Facebook just to get the chance.

The "Facebook-exclusive" deals and their habit of moving more and more information and promotions to Facebook seem to show a startling lack of respect for those Marriott Rewards members who prize their privacy. I hate to say it, considering I'm long-time Plat, Lifetime Gold, and should make LT Plat with Marriott Rewards in the next year of two, but if it comes down to needing a Facebook account to really get the benefits of Marriott Rewards my custom will probably go to Starwood (where I'm also LT Gold) and Hilton if there's no Starwood property in the area (also Gold with Hilton since they're my usual third choice), with Marriott falling to third choice.

I guess that'll leave more upgrades for the Facebook junkies, though.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  3. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree. As a LT Plat I have moved away from Marriott to Hyatt and Starwood (in that order). Facebook is a digital nudist colony.

Kalboz, Counsellor and vickers like this.
  4. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    I understand and appreciate where you are coming from. Im wondering if Marriott is trying to draw the younger crowd to their properties... I know that Twitter caters to a much younger age group of people. I wonder where Facebook falls....... I would think that Facebook's average age of users is a bit higher than Twitters.....

Kalboz likes this.
  5. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like there is also an option to mail an entry form in. If you really want the bed. :)

To enter via mail for a chance to win one of 30 Marriott Bed packages, hand print your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth and email address on a 3" x 5" piece of paper, insert it into an envelope, affix postage and mail it to:

Marriott Rewards® 30 Beds in 30 DaysSM Sweepstakes
    P.O. Box 7814
    Melville, NY 11775-7814

Entries must be postmarked by November 20, 2013 and received by November 27, 2013, to be eligible for the final Grand Prize random drawing. See Official Rules for complete terms and conditions.

Attached Files:

Kalboz, Counsellor and iolaire like this.
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I totally agree.

vickers and Counsellor like this.
  7. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks!

Kalboz and vickers like this.
  8. Mooper
    Original Member

Mooper Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why not just create a dummy account to a spare email address for this and similar promos? Turn off notifications (not that they would likely matter to a spare email account anyway), make the profile private, and don't include any real personal info.

I actually use my real and active account for such things, but I immediately remove permissions with a couple of clicks after signing up for the promo. No harm done, very quick too.

Counsellor, vickers and Kalboz like this.