Promo: Starwood Asia Pacific Up To 50% Off Sale

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Kalboz, Jul 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    The problem is that this sale along with many others from Starwood (along with many other hotels/websites) are non-sale sales. They create these promotions to drive customers/traffic to their websites but often times don't offer any savings off of what is widely available.... they just give you a higher % off a higher base rate.

These non-sale sales will continue to be put out by these companies until people wise up and stop clicking through / purchasing off these rates because they are usually just a way of duping less savvy travelers.

3. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes the "up to" is usually much less than 50%, or as said above if it is 50% then it is off an artificially high rate. I am almost to the point of not bothering to check the many emails I get from them advertising non-special specials:(

mattsteg, uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    As long as the "sales" give a good rate I don't have a huge issue with it - we know to accept exaggeration. It's annoying when the sale is actually more expensive than normal rates.

estnet likes this.
  5. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    yes, which happens much too often for my taste.

Downunder girl likes this.