Under Review Problems with the quick edit pop up window

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'm running into a lot of issues with the quick edit pop up window. I need to go to "more options" to get a reliable edit tool.

One issue: If I hit "tab" because I want to insert a tab in the text (I know, I should be using indent, but force of habit) it tabs me out of the window and to the browser menu bar.

Often I can't get an active cursor; half the time I can wake it up by highlighting text and toggling the bold on and off helps, but that doesn't always work.

On occasion when I type it puts the entry as one letter per line in the top of the edited post:

T
    H
    U
    S

Some of this was reported earlier in this thread, but it's still going on.

JALPak likes this.
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Here's an example. (I redacted the original post info.) I went to edit, tried to type in the word "With". I then tried to erase it or type elsewhere, but I couldn't get the window active.
    edit-post-window.jpg

JALPak likes this.
  3. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    As reported previously, when I don't have an active cursor I can get one simply by clicking B (save yourself some effort - there is no need to highlight any text first).

While on the subject of bugs, sometimes I'm in the middle of an edit and the pop-up self-closes and the post does not update for changes. When I click edit again changes are "saved" in the pop-up, ie I do not need to re-enter them, but can continue with further changes and click save to save into the post. A bit annoying.

4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I saw the earlier mention of that and I always try it- but it only works perhaps half of the time. Some times I can never get an active cursor in that window.

5. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    It has worked every time for me, and I get the inactive cursor many times a day due to having lots of FAQ type posts which need frequent editing.

6. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    again it failed a little while ago. The cursor is not properly active when I click the B, so it looks like the B was depressed, but it isn't activated. I can then click other icons and they seem active, but they aren't.