Problems with on-line check in

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by slalom, Jun 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just tried to check in for a flight tomorrow morning and was unable to do so. My travel agent tells me that the flight is already under "airport control".

Is there any reason flights 19 hours out would be put under "airport control" making them unavailable for online check-in?

8MiHi likes this.
  2. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is it an international trip? UA (and formerly sCO) requires you to scan your passport at the kiosk (or have a ticketing agent verify it) before boarding passes will be issued. Airport control has little to do with it in this particular case. If it's not an international flight, then there might be something odd going on with your PNR.

8MiHi likes this.
  3. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Its transborder (EWR-YYZ). I've been able to do self check in on the web before (I do this routing a lot).

4. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, that's considered international so it may be that a passport swipe is required. Sometimes they just want an update. I don't know if a specific pattern has ever been assigned to it. If you call UA, the agent can likely tell you.

8MiHi likes this.