Problems with Hyatt Goldpassport

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Leonardo85, Apr 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Leonardo85

Leonardo85 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dear Community

i got some problems with the Hyatt Goldpassport...

First i make a reservation using the Best Rate guarantee...Then i use some points for a suite upgrade...
    This worked good, no complications...

Now, i make a reservation for my stay at the HR Thessaloniki and used the best rate guarantee again...
    I got some points at my account and want to use them again for a suite upgrade...

But hyatt gold passport denied it. They told me that the first acception of the points won´t be "ok"...

I´m really disappointed about that service...

First they say that this is ok, but then they denied it... I had never such problems with Marriot and SPG :-/

Hope to get some answers/reactions

Kalboz likes this.
  2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    It sounds like they said they made a mistake when they allowed an upgrade the first time, and that they caught themselves before they made the same mistake again. To be nice, they let you keep the first upgrade that you shouldn't have gotten.

RichardInSF, kenbo and perryplatypus like this.
  3. HaryoS

HaryoS Active Member

Status Points:
    i believed the best rate guaranteed rate is eligible for the gold passport point upgrade unless the hyatt is a resort such as grand hyatt kauai.

4. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Per Hyatt's T&C regarding points upgrades:

1 When redeeming Regency/Grand Club® Upgrades or Suite Upgrades at a resort property, you must pay a minimum of the prevailing deluxe rack rate (such as partial ocean view, ocean view, slope view, etc.). At non-resort properties you must pay a minimum of the prevailing rack rate.

5. Leonardo85

Leonardo85 Silver Member

Status Points:
    yes, it says the minimum of a rack rate...

BUT...the HR thessaloniki is not a resort, right? And furthermore, according to T&C, the minimum of a rack rate should be the lowest price for the property all in all, or at the time of my stay?

The lowest rate is : 120€

and they want me to pay 162€ ;

my BRG Rate is 106€...

6. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Rack rate is the standard price of the room before any discounts are applied. This is the most a hotel is allowed to charge, and can often be found on the back of the door after you get to your room. Ever check those? Sometimes you'll see numbers that are two or three times what you actually paid.

Just because the hotel is currently offering a rate lower than rack does not mean that is the new rack rate.

kenbo likes this.