Problems transfering MR --> HHONORS

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by mht_flyer, Apr 3, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've done this a ton of times, I tried yesterday and today unsuccessfully to transfer MR to HHONORS.

The process goes all the way through, says it's confirmed, shows my updated MR points balances, but never transfers.

I go back to point summary and it shows it as there was never a transaction done.

Anyone else having problems today/yesterday?

SuperKirby likes this.
  2. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    For past two days this wasn't working. Went in today and it worked like a charm....

3. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    On TOBB, there were a few posts from people who were having trouble transferring points to FF programs. I think (but can't remember for sure) that someone said there was a tech problem at AmEx.

4. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hey mht, I was wondering, were you trying to xfer MR to HHonors directly at 1:1.5? Have you ever tried the MR to Virgin Flying Club at 1:1 then from Flying Club to HHonors at 1:2? I was thinking of doing that but I don't know if there are fees associated with it or how fast or botchy the transaction is. TIA

5. karlmitchell

karlmitchell Silver Member

Status Points:
    No fees are associated with MR->VS->HH. This is how i get HHonors points when I need them. However, to me the recent devaluation in Hilton points has hit hard for the kind of spend I go for, resulting in my valuation in them dropping from 0.7 to 0.5 c/pt. 1.4 c/pt wasn't terrible, especially if combined with Virgin Transfer bonuses (30%->1.82 c/$), but now I'd say the best you're likely to get is around 1.3 c/$, which is easy to do better than. Without going via Virgin it's even worse, and the only use I can see is as a top-up if you're close to, but not quite, able to hit a redemption threshold. Finally, bear in mind that you can only transfer VS->HH in multiples of 10,000 (=20,000 HHonors), which may be limiting in some cases.

6. freebird

freebird Silver Member

Status Points:
    Two days ago, I was able to transfer from MR to SPG, but I had to call to confirm the transfer. When I clicked the transfer button, I got an error message indicating that the transfer was not successful and need to contact the MR CSA. When I called the MR CSA, they said the transfer did happen, and it should show up on my SPG account in several minutes. I'll be in Stockholm, Sweden for three days. And no fees for the transfer.