Problem with ex-MNL fares

Discussion in 'ANA | Mileage Club' started by armagebedar, Feb 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. armagebedar
    Original Member

armagebedar Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm trying to construct an itinerary ex-MNL to a lower-tier East Coast US city using ANA's Philippines site. However, I've discovered that ANA seems not to have entered any fares for non-gateway East Coast destinations (i.e. other than ORD, JFK, and IAD) as listed on this page. All fares to West Coast destinations, even other than SFO and LAX, work fine. (I've confirmed this problem with ExpertFlyer, BTW - ANA just simply hasn't filed any fares for these destinations.)

I thought of calling the Platinum Desk to ask them about fixing it, but realized that the MNL office is the one setting the fares, so calling them might be best. I'd much prefer to email, but IIRC emails only go to the Japan customer service center.

Anyone have any advice on how to approach this? Calling the MNL office is kind of a pain, and I'm not even sure who I'd end up talking to...

2. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Calling MNL office could be a bit expensive. You can call Platinum Desk and see what they say. I once contacted JAL US and they actually nice enough to follow up with the Asia office for me. There should be a way for the Platinum desk to help out in this case.

If they can't help, emailing the MNL office should do. If they are trained to handle questions from MNL, they should be able to help out or contact the person who could. Just my 2 cents

armagebedar likes this.
  3. armagebedar
    Original Member

Status Points:
    There's no email address for the MNL office, unfortunately.

4. armagebedar
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Taking JALPak's advice, I gave the Platinum desk a call, and they were able to reproduce my problem, so here's hoping they fix it within a reasonable amount of time! (They said that they would "follow up with the responsible department.")

5. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad that you made progress and hopefully ANA can sort out this problem so you can book your ticket ASAP. Good Luck!

6. armagebedar
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I also emailed the "Wing Mail" reps, but they are telling me that there are no fares for where I want to go (which is a lie -- their MNL site clearly advertises fares for where I want to travel, their booking engine just doesn't recognize it). Here's hoping the Platinum desk comes through.

7. armagebedar
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I finally got them to admit that they hadn't inputted the fares into the GDS, and they apologized for that. The key is to be persistent!

JALPak likes this.
  8. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice so Platinum desk finally get back to you?

fumitani likes this.
  9. armagebedar
    Original Member

Status Points:
    No, I got an email from Wing Mail -- but I assume they got in touch with the Platinum Desk folks somehow.

fumitani and JALPak like this.