problem with Delta one-way ticket: 12.5K on search page but 25K on confirmation page

Discussion in 'Flying Blue | Air France, KLM/Partners' started by dingalpha, Mar 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. dingalpha

dingalpha Silver Member

Status Points:
    I searched an one-way ticket from SFO-MIA on flying blue, which has the lowest award level on Delta.

the search page shows "Classic Award 12500 miles + 5 USD", however, after I clicked the "next, trip overview", the webpage says "Number of miles required 25000". There is a red sentence saying "Your Miles balance does not enable you to reserve an award ticket for this trip. Please modify your selection."

Screen Shot 2013-03-06 at 10.53.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-06 at 11.08.33 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-03-06 at 11.08.44 PM.png

Does anyone know what happened here ?

Thanks,

Yi

2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe they've changed the rules to match Delta's since Delta doesn't allow one way awards to their own members?

3. dingalpha

dingalpha Silver Member

Status Points:

Not sure if it is the case. But according to this page "http://www.klm.com/travel/us_en/flying_blue/earn_and_spend_miles/spend_miles/index.htm"
    it says

For AIR FRANCE and KLM flights, as well as those of our SkyTeam partners, Aircalin and Malaysia Airlines, you can purchase a one-way award ticket* for half the price of a round-trip award. Please note that on flights with other airlines, Classic Awards are for round-trip tickets only**. You may cancel or modify a Classic Award; however a fee of € 45 will be charged.
    * Stopovers are not permitted on this type of ticket. One-way award tickets for domestic flights inside France can be booked online only. Award tickets are not available for some code-sharing flights.
    ** Booking award tickets is based on the availability of seats in the cabin concerned. Please bear in mind that airport and security taxes and carrier imposed international surcharges on long-haul flights are not covered by your Miles and must be paid separately.
    For more information, please contact the Flying Blue Service Centre.

It seems like we could still use the one way award ticket on skyteam partners

4. dingalpha

dingalpha Silver Member

Status Points:
    I uploaded all the steps of my booking.

The number just jumps to 25K on the last page.

1.png
    2.png

3.png

4.png

5. dingalpha

dingalpha Silver Member

Status Points:
    To update,

I just called Air France and got the ticket at 12.5K. The agent also waive my ticketing fee.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting as post #3 seems to state that you cannot use FB miles to get a one way award ticket on DL.

7. dingalpha

dingalpha Silver Member

Status Points:
    Delta is one of their Skyteam Partners, so the T&C says you can get an one-way ticket on Delta.

daemon14 likes this.