Problem with applying for SPG Amex

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by merice107, Sep 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just applied for my wife to get the SPG Amex. I got mine last week and sent her a refer a friend link to net another 5,000. After a long time of processing it came up with the page:

"Sorry - we're currently experiencing some difficulties with our systems.

Your application will be processed as soon as possible, and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days.

For an update on the status of your card application, please click here to go to our online status site.

Thank you for applying for the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card."

Should I have her call the reconsideration line?

We got the Citi AA MC and Amex in early July but that wasn't a problem for me last week and I got the same cards at the same time.

Any thoughts? I know some people have to call the reconsideration line sometimes but since it says that their systems are having issues, does that make this the same kind of situation?

2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I would call the reconsideration line. If nothing else, you will make sure that they received the application.

edekba likes this.
  3. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will the reconsideration line be open on Labor Day? I've never had to call so I don't know if it is a 24 hour thing or just a 9-5.

4. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife got a confirmation email that she was approved last night (9/3/2012). I tried calling the reconsideration line during the day but they were closed for the holiday.

Any thoughts as to why it took 2 days to get approved for her? Recent Amex application (even though they were through Citi) in early July?

5. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Because, like they said, they were having system problems at the time the application was submitted?????

6. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wasn't sure if that was just a standard page that showed up when they wanted more time.