Private Jet Travel Takes Off

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Newscience, May 20, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here's an article that many will find interesting, about the rise in private jet travel:

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/05/13/private-jet-travel-takes-off/?_r=0

According to this article:

- there are now 12,189 private jets in the US
    - 2/3 of the planned $82 million extension of the San Jose airport is set aside for planes owned by Google execs
    - there are 43 private jet apps in Apple's app store
    - the cheapest private jet (the Eclipse 550) costs $2.9 million
    - etc.

2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    There seems to be demand for private jet travel, wouldn't mind to have access to such travel opportunities too, but for now, I'm happy to fly, even when it is economy/coach, better than not to fly, me thinks. Cheers, thanks for sharing this insightful article on how "the other side / part of the 1-2% do fly / travel and how they drive such demand. I remember that Four Seasons offers now also "private jet" experiences directly branded/marketed as a Four Season Jet. All is good. :)

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    Kalboz and Newscience like this.
  3. @uggboy now I feel guilty being 26 and having flown business twice

Newscience and uggboy like this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good on you, we've flown business once, this was an upgrade with Emirates. All other flights we've flown so far are in Economy, but once in Premium Economy with EVA. Wouldn't mind of course to fly business again in our future, but we're happy with economy, but then not flying. We try to combine good airlines, albeit in economy and a good hotel, mostly upper upscale/luxury. We're happy, that's what counts, as long as we're relatively healthy, stable in our daily lives and can afford to explore the world.:)

Newscience likes this.
  5. Uggboy you most likely have a better life then me I think about trips all the time but do so little. But you actually do the trips you plan

Newscience and uggboy like this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Adam, it's all in the life's balance, I presume. I haven't flown when I was younger which incl. my first 20 years after being born, so we're "late starters" especially reading from others about their family adventures with their young ones, I missed that boat, but we love to fly, and we love to fly often, in fact we would fly more often if we could afford too, it's all about planning which brings hopefully all things considered together, while sometimes not easy, we must be flexible and looking forward to getting there. You're 26 and I hope you will have more travels ahead in your life, plan, look forward and enjoy the journey. :)

Newscience likes this.