Private-Jet Airline Bets on a Thrifty Streak in the Rich

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by gregm, Feb 27, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    MX, Newscience and uggboy like this.
  2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Private jets have a minimum of 3 passengers, and no high priced booze,

Company rules, for company men and women.welcome to the real world.

Newscience and gregm like this.
  3. AnnS4

AnnS4 New Member

Status Points:
    would be great for taking a private jet

Newscience, uggboy and gregm like this.
  4. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Newscience and uggboy like this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    blackjack-21, gregm and Newscience like this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, it would. Who pays? Anyone....Anyone....that's what I thought. :(

gregm and Newscience like this.
  7. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fluid? Fluid? Well I've got.....oh you meant that kind of $ fluid. (I just had my high speed Pontiac's oil changed this afternoon, so I've probably got semi-synthetic oil still on my brain!) Why bother with those little toy jets, when with all the members here on MP, both elites and kettles, and wannabees of both, and including some who've even arrived here from TOBB (sorry, not allowed to name that one, FT?) if we pooled our conservatively estimated three dollars each we'd probably be able to permenantly charter (isn't that called "BUY") a B757 if they're still flying by the time we decided to do so. And even arrange for it to be based at Randy's private airport to be central for wherever and whenever we needed it, just don't let him know we've done that as he wouldn't approve of the jetblast as those Rollses spool up loudly for the constant takeoffs that we'd arrange for it, often at wee hours to arrive for our party flights to some mundane destinations like Tahiti, Bora Bora, Easter Island, or yes, even Brooklyn. These are places that those small little "planes with small fans on the back" wouldn't have the range to reach nonstop, and would have to stop often, thereby disturbing those on board who may be taking their executive snoozes during all those many important executive conference flights. Our private B757 would be all J class of course, so as not to show preferences to the F's over the Y's and have an equal but better experience for all aboard, including the 17 winsome FA's who'll be busily warming the nuts, dinner, and champagne for all 51 smiling pax.

When it's all arranged, would someone please tell me where to send my $3.00.

Many thanks.

P.S. Since Randy would probably be awakened by those powerful engines, perhaps at that time we could ask him if he could spare some of his zillions of FF miles for those who may be on those flights, as a small token of his appreciation of him not having to arrange all of the above himself.

gregm likes this.