Priority Pass

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Efilon87, Nov 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello Everyone,
    I am traveling to Beijing (LAX-HND/NRT-PEK; PEK-ICN-LAX) in Feb for a week. I booked it with my miles (65,000 after $2 spent on two credit cards) through Continental (flying on ANA and Asiana). The cost of the ticket, if booked with money would have cost me $5,000+, so I think I did quite a good job.

Anyway, to the point of the post, I was looking into airline lounges. I have a 12 hour layover in Japan and a 6 hour layover in South Korea. After visiting the area surrounding the airport, I will have about 3 hours back at the airport waiting for my flight. I am not elite on any airline nor a star alliance elite. What are your thoughts on Priority Pass? I would not be getting it from a financial institution or credit card. Just wondering if it is worth the money. Thanks in advance!!!

NickM_LA

2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    What class of travel are you flying? If Business then you can access the lounge without a pass. With 3 hours, I'd say its a toss up unless one of the clubs is a destination in itself. Usually they start boarding 30 minutes before departure, or sooner, so now you're down to 2 hours which you may just use to get a meal at a restaurant in the airport or shop a bit.

3. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, I am flying on Economy. I want to call Continental and see if I can get upgraded to Business with my miles. Since I already booked with my miles, I dont know if this is possible.

4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    It should be possible. I'm not 100% familiar with OnePass but I've been able to do it on other *A programs.

5. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for your help!!