Priority Pass Lounges

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by foxberg, Jan 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've tried looking for a thread that would cover Priority Pass lounges and couldn't find one. I'd like for Mods to make this into a forum where members could post threads about various PP lounges they attend. I'll start with The Club at LAS. Located in T1 in Concourse D. Friendly staff, small but clean lounge. There are power plugs for your laptops. No lunge own WiFi, but it is complementary throughout the airport. Here's what they have to offer as far as food and drinks are concerned:

FOOD:

Green, Red apples and bananas

0.75 Oz bags of:
    Stacy's Parmesan Garlic and Herbs Pita Chips
    Stacy's Simply Naked Pita Chips
    Fritos
    Cape Cod Potato Chips
    Rold Gold Pretzels
    Ms. Vicki's Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips

Quaker Chewy Chocolate Chip Bar
    Nonni's Biscotti
    Pepperidge Farm Golden Butter and Harvest Wheat Crackers
    Walkers Pure Butter Shortbread, Chocolate Chip Shortbread, White Choc & Raspberry Coockies
    Golden Garden Humus Dip

DRINKS:

Lipton and Twinings Teas, House Blend Coffee
    Ice Lemon Water

Soda:
    Coke
    Diet Coke
    Ginger Ale
    Sprite
    Club Soda
    Tonic
    Perrier

Juice:
    Apple
    Cranberry
    Grapefruit
    Orange
    Pineapple
    Tomato

Beer (All Bottled):
    Amstel Light
    Asahi
    Beck's
    Beck's Dark
    Budweiser
    Bud Light
    Corona
    Coors Light
    Guinness
    Heineken
    O'Doul's

Wine:
    Sycamore Lane Cabernet, Merlot, Chardonnay, Pino Grogio
    Domaine Ste. Michelle Blanc Champagne

Cordials:
    Amaretto
    Baileys
    Campari
    Kahlua
    Triple Sec
    Vermouth Dry, Sweet

Brandy & Cognac:
    Korbel Brandy
    Hennessy VS

Tequila:
    Herradura Blanco
    Jose Cuervo Gold

Rum:
    Bacardi Light
    Captain Morgan

Vodka:
    Absolut
    Smirnoff

Whiskey:
    Canadian Club
    Jack Daniel's
    Jim Beam

Scotch:
    Dewars
    Glenlivet 12
    Johnie Walker Red

Gin:
    Bombay
    Gordan's Gin
    Tanqueray

Deal2020, akcae, mrredskin and 8 others like this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    just left the club at DFW.

Food consisted of packages of Oreo cookies, pretzels, potato chips, fruit and a few cookies.
    There was lots of alcohol, but I am not really a drinker and did not pay attention.
    The usual sodas, beer and water were there.
    Had I read this thread while there, I would have been more observant.
    I was quite underwhelmed by the club and left for the admirals club where I am now sitting.

foxberg, sobore, uggboy and 1 other person like this.
  3. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    great summary. glad there are more options at LAS

uggboy and perryplatypus like this.
  4. Bonnie
    Original Member

Bonnie Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for starting this thread! We also were at the LAS priority club a few months ago. Service (and Bloody Marys!) were very good. The staff even prepared a 'to go' lunch for us as we had to leave for a connecting flight just as the lunch food service was being prepared.

Question. Does anyone have experience with the Priority Pass Lounges in SIN? I believe there are two in Terminal 1.

uggboy likes this.
  5. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting, how's the AC compare to you? My general observations on this are that the Club at DFW is very small compared to the Terminal D Admirals Club however The Club is very often a lot less crowded. The snack options are a lot better at The Club though the Admirals Club offers a few meals for purchase. The alcohol selection and self serve nature at The Club might also be an appeal for some

If I'm by myself and don't need an AAngel I usually go to The Club at DFW.

marcwint55 likes this.
  6. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I found this review of the SkyView lounge at Changi. I'll be spending 12 hours with this place as my main stop during my layover between LAX-SIN on SQ and SIN-DPS on KL.
    http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-skyview-lounge-singapore-better-than-qantas-ba

Bonnie, sobore and kwai like this.
  7. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    my biggest problem was the size of the club. it was actually a bit claustrophobic in there. The Admirals was of course much less confined.

8. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know if I'll be able to access the AAdmirals club at SJU when flying DL. Noticed it was the only Priority Pass lounge there, and I'll be there for about 2 hours on a layover for my mileage run next week.

9. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    You should be able with a PP card. I think this is one of a few remaining smoking lounges.

10. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    A bit of a walk but otherwise not a problem. They are inside the same security area.

skyvan likes this.
  11. modhop

modhop Silver Member

Status Points:
    The SkyView lounge is a good one. They had a pretty full spread on my visit and a few separate areas to settle in and get comfortable. I did a video review at modhop but I'm a newbie to milepoint so it's not letting me post links just yet...but it's there if you want to take a look. :)

Bonnie, bigx0, skyvan and 1 other person like this.
  12. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    modhop, foxberg and Bonnie like this.
  13. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks...means my layover will suck significantly less.

Bonnie likes this.
  14. akcae
    Original Member

akcae Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like having PP as many AA and Alaska lounges are a part of the network and I was able to have lounge access when traveling on other airlines. This is how I got into the Admirals Club at YYZ (tiniest I've seen yet), and into Alaska Boardrooms in SEA and PDX, all while flying DL.

As for non-airline-specific lounges, so far I've enjoyed Hugo Junkers Lounge in DUS and Sky Lounge in FRA. Both were very pleasant.

Food/drinks:
    Hugo Junkers offered a nicer, more typically European complement of breakfast snacks, coffee, wine, beer, and other alcoholic drinks.
    Sky Lounge had a lovely cheese and cookie selection, and a well-stocked self-serve bar. Also, coffee, juice and water were available.

Wi-fi
    I was never able to get wifi to work at Hugo Junkers, sadly.
    Sky Lounge concierge will provide a wi-fi code and I had no issues getting it to work on my MacBook Pro and my iPhone.

It's also worth noting that I was charged €10 for my 5-yr old son (well, technically he was 6 as of that morning) to access Hugo Junkers lounge, but I wasn't charged anything to enter Sky Lounge.

Both lounges were lovely (although Sky Lounge was a bit out of the way at the far end of the main terminal) and I'd visit them both again given an opportunity.

iolaire and foxberg like this.
  15. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maple Leaf Lounge at LAX (T2)
    This is based off memory but should serve as a guideline.
    I'll have an update with AAdmirals at SJU (if I get a chance and don't SDC to earlier flight), as well AS Boardroom at LAX, and ReLAX and KE's SkyTeam lounge at TBIT at LAX.

Food
    Salad, crackers and soup along with various other snacks and drinks
    Overall selection is significantly better than the AF/KL lounge

Wi-fi
    Works and there are also computer terminals and remote printing. I used the printer and it worked very well

Staff
    Very nice and helpful with anything you need, though as I wasn't travelling AC I didn't ask for any help with flights

Seating
    Seats with a view and enough seating for at least 40 or so people. It's decently quiet though not enough for sleeping. There are a few places to set up a computer and some views of T3 as well

Overall
    This is the best lounge I've had the opportunity to use at LAX, especially in T2 where AF and KL leave from (save for AF's A380). Great option when flying out of T2 but remember you can't access this lounge unless flying out of T2 because of LAX's non-interconnected terminals.

iolaire and foxberg like this.
  16. modhop

modhop Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wandering Aramean- Thanks for posting the vid!

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  17. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone been to Alaska Airlines Board Room @SFO T2? I'll be flying from there in February and I'm contemplating should stop by the lounge or go directly to the AC @T1 where my flight is on AA?

18. Bonnie
    Original Member

Bonnie Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, the video was great, modhop. Thanks.

And skyvan, we'll be doing a similar route in a few months...SFO to SIN in first on SQ and then KLM to DPS in bus class....which is why I am interested in lounge options at SIN. Looks like Skyview in terminal 1 is the best bet.

19. modhop

modhop Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glad you liked...hope it's helpful.

I have plenty more Priority Pass lounge reviews at modhop and will be sure to link here if I see specific questions about one that we've been to.

Bonnie likes this.
  20. Bonnie
    Original Member

Bonnie Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, modhop!! How about a PP lounge at DPS?

21. modhop

modhop Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bonnie and Wandering Aramean like this.
  22. Bonnie
    Original Member

Bonnie Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very cool, modhop! Actually, we're talking about Bali.....so I mean 'very hot!' Thanks for posting!

modhop likes this.
  23. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    AAdmirals Club San Juan, PR, US

Just sitting here in the somewhat depressing club. There is lots of seating but it hasn't been updated in a long time. The staff ar friendly and there are tarmac views. All I can see now isa bunch of ATRs so I'm not sure what the future views will be once the ATR is gone.
    The free food options are snack mix and cookies. I haven't tried the cookies but the snack mix is pathetic and stale.
    They've told me they're arranging for a cart to take me to the Delta gates since they are 20 minutes away walking...we'll see if that pans out. Supposedly that service is only available before 3:30.
    There are three desk spaces and other than that power options are not great. Almost all the seats against the walls have power but thats it, and obviously the desks. There is a menu offering food for purchase but since i've already had a meal on each of my two flights I'm waiting for my next flight to eat again.
    Definitely better than waiting somewhere else in the airport and there is free internet, just like the rest of the airport.
    No free booze.
    There are two computers free for use as well as an email printing station that looks to be free.

24. Deal2020

Deal2020 Silver Member

Status Points:
    which credit card gives lounge access with the lowest annual fee? Thanks a lot.

25. Bonnie
    Original Member

Bonnie Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another priority pass question.....Our SFO to SIN flight has a 2 hour layover in HKG. Are the Priority Pass Lounges in HKG doable for a shower? I understand the SQ lounge doesn't have showers. Thanks!