Priority Pass for AMEX Plat

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by mdtravel, Jul 5, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've got my Priority Pass Select card, but am finding it of little value domestically. I thought I had seen a blog post saying that there was a way to get a different version of this through AMEX Plat, but I'm starting to doubt myself.

Is Priority Pass Select the only version of Priority Pass available to AMEX Plat as a card member benefit?

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Correct.

3. kevberhow

kevberhow Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't found it to be very valuable domestically either. If they included the United lounges like they do for non-USA residing personnel, it might be a lot better, but with "Select", it doesn't include them!

4. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the PP benefit will only be useful to those whose home airports have a participating lounge. Since SEA is my home airport, I have access to the AS lounge through the PP Select card.

canucklehead and About Again like this.
  5. About Again

About Again Gold Member

Status Points:
    hey you're still about Jimmy, good to see you:) pop by the lounge sometime

Jimgotkp likes this.
  6. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Edit

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  7. dogman304

dogman304 Active Member

Status Points:
    Nice PP lounge in Atl. Right across from the Delta Lounge in the International Terminal. Good food!

8. William JLP

William JLP Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is a nice lounge, but some of the food isn't always available. Since it is also the lounge for LH and BA, they roll out more when those airlines have flights. Either way, I prefer it to the DL lounge in F, but might hit both, depending on the time.

9. afakhori

afakhori Silver Member

Status Points:
    While SEA isnt my home airport, I'll have a 5hr layover there ins Sept, flying on AS. Would you say the AS Boardroom is a good place to spend that time, or do you think going to the USO would be better. My wife and I both have AMEX Plat, and will be enrolling in PP.

10. howtofreetravel

howtofreetravel Active Member

Status Points:
    Gotta remember you can use the centurion lounges ( soon to be 20 of them)

11. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've never been to the USO lounge but the AS lounge is okay. Each guest can get up to 3 free alcoholic drinks, they have some soups and snacks available throughout the day, and there's a decent amount of seating.

afakhori likes this.
  12. afakhori

afakhori Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know there are a couple being built, but do you have a list of the 16(ish?) more that are going up? Do you know the ETA/locations? Couldn't find the info after a quick search, and would love to know where they'll be popping up next!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  13. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    For US Amex Plat holders, yes. For Canadian ones, it is the full Priority Pass.

I was very happy with my visit to the Centurion Lounge at DFW (first time I had more than a quick connection). Was lucky to get a massage appt and use the shower. Staff were extremely professional and friendly. I spoke with one of the agents and he mentioned that the LGA one was opening up in a couple of weeks (#3 on the list, followed by SFO and MIA - end of 2014). Would love to see 15 more of these in addition to these 5! :)

IDGflygirl and afakhori like this.
  14. afakhori

afakhori Silver Member

Status Points:
    was the massage included with entrance or was it an additional small fee? I know it says that everything is complementary, but then there is a stipulation somewhere about additional services.

Edit
    see below:

"
    Which amenities are complimentary with entry into The Lounge?
    Once you enter The Centurion Lounge, many of our amenities including our gourmet dishes, signature cocktails and selection of wines are included at no additional cost to our guests. Access to some amenities, such as conference room space and spa services, is subject to availability and is not guaranteed.
    "

"subject to availability and is not guaranteed" - does that mean they're still complimentary and just have limited slots?

canucklehead likes this.
  15. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    complimentary, though I did give a gratuity after the massage. I booked when I checked in. I had about 90 minutes in the lounge and there was only one slot so I grabbed it. There was one person doing manis and one person doing massages. When I was there, another massage therapist came in to work on clients. I am usually not a big chair massage fan, but this one hit the sore spot(s)!

IDGflygirl and afakhori like this.
  16. afakhori

afakhori Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well it looks like I'm going to have to route myself through DFW from now on! :D