Priority Pass - best available deal

Discussion in 'Deal Page | Air/Hotel' started by maltapoints, Dec 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. maltapoints

maltapoints Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm after a little bit of help.

I run a very niche blog (i.e. not one that competes with or threatens the major deals alerted on this website).

An idea for an upcoming post was a link to the best possible deal for purchasing Priority Pass, as it grants access to the lounge at Malta International Airport (MLA).

Does anyone know of a particularly good deal for Priority Pass which I can feature? If so, I'd be grateful if you could send me a message or reply to this thread.

I'll obviously do my own research too, but any leads appreciated.

2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are two different versions of priority pass. one gets you in for free to lounges and the other gets you in with a $27.00 charge.

I have both of the courtesy of American Express. The one with free entry came with the Centurion card and the other came with the Amex Hilton card.

8MiHi and maltapoints like this.
  3. maltapoints

maltapoints Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Marc, that's a very helpful starting point.

4. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have Ameriprise World Elite MasterCard. It comes with Priority Pass Select (same as Plat Amex) and $150 annual fee (vs. $450 for Plat Amex), $50 - $200 credit for airline fees, depending on spend, relatively low APR and some other benefits. While not officially a benefit, in over 3 years I've had the card I have never been charged a guest fee when using Priority Pass lounges.

5. CDKing
    Original Member

CDKing Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. MrAOK
    Original Member

MrAOK Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have the amex hilton card and know nothing about the free Priority Pass. Any idea where to find info?

7. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    See marcwint above. Sign in to the Amex website for your card, they will have a listing of the benefits available to you. They usually require that you sign up for the card with them and they will have the card sent to you. I had a nice conversation with Amex when they were doing a satisfaction survey before I got my card. It appears that the Hilton Amex card comes with the $27 per visit card which can make stopping in a lounge cheaper than buying a day pass.

8. MrAOK
    Original Member

MrAOK Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ahh. The Priority Pass is a benefit of the Hilton Surpass credit card which has a $75 annual fee.

I have the AMEX Hilton HHonors credit card which carries no annual fee, but comes without the Priority Pass benefit

9. hoyoto

hoyoto Active Member

Status Points:
    thanks for the 15% off offer

10. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got Priority Pass Select from AmEx Platinum. Free entrance to PP lounges. There are some restrictions though. For example, despite United lounges listed on PP list you can't get in if your PP came as a bonus from a financial institution.

marcwint55 likes this.