Priority Luggage Tags on AA via BA

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by manfromkrypton, Apr 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. manfromkrypton
    Original Member

manfromkrypton Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am traveling from Brussels to Chicago ORD, however, due to it being about 500 dollars less expensive, my itinerary is BRU - LHR (BA) and then LHR - ORD (AA), with a 90 minute connection in LHR. I am flying business class from LHR to ORD on AA. Normally, AA will tag my bag with the orange priority bag tag, and its generally one of the first ones off the carousal in ORD. This is the first time I am flying connecting on BA first - so my question is: Will BA tag my checked in luggage with some kind of priority luggage indicator? What if I kept my orange tag from the ORD-BRU flight - will BA use that to tag my luggage?

Honestly, it doesnt matter one way or the other, but I am curious to know what happens, if anyone has any experience with it. My flight is tomorrow morning, so I can post my experiences as well if anyone is curious.

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'm mostly an Asia flyer, so my experience is with CX and JL. They have always tagged my bag with their own version of a priority sticker. When I arrive back in the US though, the AA baggage handlers don't seem to take note of OW alliance member priority tags and my bags come out fairly late.

Never thought of keeping a priority tag and asking the partner ticket agent to use it. Seems a bit odd honestly! :)

Let us know how it goes. Or hopefully someone comes along with BA specific info.

3. LookingAhead

LookingAhead Silver Member

Status Points:
    Last month I boarded a BA on my return trip (BA to LHR, AA to DFW), I requested a BA priority tag, which they did add. However, it had no impact on the AA baggage handlers back home. I think it just identified it as priority for the T5 to T3 transfer at LHR (which is a good thing).

4. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    The BA staff in BRU will (should) affix a BA priority tag - it is a dull-orange color with the bold word PRIORITY, with the edges in black striping. It is a hang tag (on a string) not really intended to be attached to the printed luggage tag the way the AA priority tag is.

In my experience with either the AA or BA tags, it's hit or miss as to early delivery.

Also, keep in mind that you willl need to change from T5 to T3; 90 minutes is do-able, but do move along at a brisk pace and you should be OK.

5. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did lhr from dfw and connected to ba on a seperate pnr. Both times I was not tagged with any priority tags and my luggage came out pretty quickly.

6. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would be more worried about the 90 minute connection at LHR than my bags.

JY1024 likes this.
  7. JY1024
    Original Member

JY1024 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last month, I was flying BA F from India to LHR, then AA J from LHR-BOS. At BA check-in, they tagged my bag to BOS and added the "BA FIRST" tag to my bag. When I picked up my bag at customs in BOS, I noticed that I actually had a new bag tag which had the red/neon "AA Priority" tag affixed inside the adhesive part of bag tag. (Definitely wasn't how it was tagged in India, so I'm guessing AA re-tagged it at LHR?)

(Granted, more than half the plane got their bags before me, so being marked "AA Priority" didn't do much good. :rolleyes:)

Agreed!!

Microwave likes this.