Priority club visa 60K bonus offer (Non-targetted)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by kyunbit, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Didnt find this posted here. Credit to jonnydoe1234 on FT.

Chase and Priority Club now offer a 60K signup bonus. Previous offers for 60k/80K were targetted afaik.

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/ihg/pcrofferspage260k

As usual

• Earn 5 points per $1 spent at all of our hotels
    • Earn 2 points per $1 spent on gas, groceries & dining
    • Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all additional purchases

And first year free

2. upgrademe
    Original Member

upgrademe Active Member

Status Points:
    I was approved for the 60k card (targeted via Crack the Case) a few weeks ago. I emailed customer service to inquire about getting the additional 20k points since I saw offers of 80k for new sign-ups. Rep emailed me back and said he would credit me the additional 20k points on my next statement. I was not targeted for the 80k card.

bsaced likes this.
  3. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good to know that. I just got a 30K card a couple of weeks ago- I'll see if Chase will give me the other 30-40K. Did you link to an 80K offer, or just mentioned it in a secure message. Or did you call?

4. upgrademe
    Original Member

upgrademe Active Member

Status Points:
    I simply emailed them through my online Chase account. I did not link to any offer. I also got a follow-up letter in the mail asking me to call to get the additional 20k points. My second statement has not closed yet, so I have not bugged them about the 20k yet. The 60k posted pretty quickly.

LizzyDragon84 likes this.
  5. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Good to know. I just sent Chase a message about it- I'll post a follow-up when I hear from them.

Skyvillager likes this.
  6. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    The card also gives you a free night after your first anniversary - definitely worth the $49 fee IMHO

7. aitchly
    Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

Status Points:
  8. darkhunter
    Original Member

darkhunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    great post, nice to see a non-targeted 60K card!

9. Tiki
    Original Member

Tiki Silver Member

Status Points:
    Too late, I already got the 30k as part of CTC in Nov. My husband was targetted for the 60k card but he's not American and has no SSN so can't get it unless there is some way I can co-sign it?

10. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe that is the largest offer I have seen.

11. aitchly
    Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

Status Points:
    Meaning you haven't seen reports of the 80K or you haven't seen a link to the 80K promo?

That would be the golden goose.

12. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have not. 80K is very tough to resist especially if you have your eye on a point break property.

13. wanderlust
    Original Member

wanderlust Silver Member

Status Points:
    I signed up when it was a 30k bonus. My first statement has not posted, so I messaged Chase about getting 60k instead. They replied in under 12 hours, and said 60k would post on my first statement! So, much like the CO card, if you signed up for the lesser bonus it's worth a shot trying to get the extra points.

14. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    I myself got targeted today for the 80K snail mail offer. If it was not Chase, I would have done it in a flash. Already, have 3 other cards!

15. aitchly
    Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

Status Points:

16. fll

fll

Thanks for the heads up. I emailed Chase on both our accounts which were signed up at end of October - one was regular 30K and the other was targeted 60K. I cited that friends CO cards got matched up to the current offer... and hope Chase would take the same fair and considerate move across the board on all its affinity cards.

Will update when they reply.

For those of you who haven't signed up, I would agree with aitchly that this is worth to sign up if you ever do travel in Europe and need to buy train tickets online.

Not only the card has 0% forex fee, since it is a Chase Visa, it participates in the Visa Verification Program, so the card can be registered and become Visa Verified - this would enable you to buy train tickets at Renfe, the Spanish national railway system where at 62 days advance purchase the discount could be as big as 60% on some routes.

TripAdvisor Madrid forum has a well-written sticky on how to purchase tickets on Renfe - and it has been reported that many US cards dont work unless it is a Visa Verified, or a Mastercard securitycoded.

FWIW, Citi does not participate therefore none of Citi's cards work. AMEX cards dont work.

sc801, upgrademe and aitchly like this.
  17. aitchly
    Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have not used the Visa Verified system yet. Good tip.

18. upgrademe
    Original Member

upgrademe Active Member

Status Points:
    I was not aware of the Visa Verified tip either, or the train ticket booking. Too bad I didn't see this sooner, as my trip is coming up and not 62 days in advance for the maximum discount savings.

Here's the sticky from Tripadvisor on booking train tix: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid:Spain:Buying.Renfe.Tickets.Online..html

Here is information on registering your card to be Visa Verified: https://usa.visa.com/personal/security/vbv/index.jsp

Thanks for the info, fll.

bsaced and aitchly like this.
  19. fll

fll

Chase shot down the requests on both cards, citing the 90 days window has passed.

They were most generous when the CO 50K offer came out and folks applied as early as June/July last year were able to get the match up to 50K... Alas, after being flooded by hundreds or even thousands of requests, Chase now becomes far more stringent and strictly enforces the 90 days rule it so seems.

20. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I e-mailed Chase about getting the additional bonus. This is what they wrote back:

"I have added the additional 30,000 points as this account was opened in the last 60 days. The 80,000 offer is an
    exclusive offer that has an offer id exclusive to the person's name on the offer. The offer id must be provided to receive this."

I opened my account in late Jan. of this year.

Skyvillager likes this.
  21. Tiki
    Original Member

Tiki Silver Member

Status Points:
    My first statement closed in Nov so I sent them a message just to have a go, not holding my breath though.

22. leeivan86
    Original Member

leeivan86 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We seem to be having a points inflation at Chase where they have increased all their bonuses for 2011. But I am not complaining [​IMG]

23. Omar's_Coming
    Original Member

Omar's_Coming Silver Member

Status Points:
    I myself just got the 80K promo card application. In case anyone wonders, my history with PC is very limited - i got the big 20K bonus last year when they did the HHonors devaluation proposal and some odds and ends points with their guess the cities game in the fall. I only have stayed at one hotel in the last year, and it was on an awards night.

Question tho - i had just signed up for the continental card last month. Will Chase's policies forbid me to sign up for this card, given the limited time that has passed?

24. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also got targeted for 80K after just one stay at Crowne Plaza. Since you just got a CO card, I would recommend waiting a few weeks before you apply for the 80K PC, unless there is an expiration date on your offer. They've been offering the 80K for three months, so who knows how much longer it will be out there. Maybe 100K is coming??? [​IMG]

Omar's_Coming likes this.
  25. neil
    Original Member

neil Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have applied for 2 different Chase cards within 1 month in the past without too much of a problem (I think I called and had them transfer credit.) But if you don't need the points right away, wait until the offer's closer to expiration.

Omar's_Coming likes this.