Priority Club Rewards Relaunch March 29

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by RicGarrido, Mar 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RicGarrido
    Original Member

RicGarrido Silver Member

Status Points:
    Priority Club Rewards has announced some changes to its program today. The initial press release does not indicate any major structural program changes for earning points or the cost of standard hotel rewards.

I actually expected a little more shake-up in the program when I saw the 179MB press file.

Most changes are cosmetic with new membership card designs, website look and Priority Club logo.

I was hoping for some extended stay reward discounts, but that is not mentioned. Here are the main changes I see from the press release.

"Last Minute Reward Nights: A hotel industry first, “Last Minute Reward Nights” will allow Priority Club members globally to redeem Reward Nights at a 50% discount off the regular point price, for selected properties. Members will receive an e-mail on Monday providing a list of hotels where this offer will be available the following weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Initially, this program will be offered on the first full weekend of every month, starting with May 6, 7 and 8, 2011.

Points & Cash for Merchandise Rewards: Also a hotel industry first, Priority Club members in the U.S. will be able to redeem a combination of Priority Club points and cash for brand name retail merchandise rewards. Priority Club Rewards currently offers points and cash capability on Reward Nights, but this will expand that functionality to merchandise rewards, a feature not offered anywhere in the industry. The program will roll out globally beginning late 2011.

“Lucky Points” Sweepstakes: This feature will give members based in the US, Canada, and UK the chance to turn their extra points into great rewards. Members will be able to redeem a very small quantity of Priority Club points (e.g., 100 or 200 points per entry) in exchange for a chance to win the prize or prizes that are most appealing to them. Typically, members will have 6-8 different prize draws to select from, ranging from terrific hotel packages (e.g. 4 nights at the InterContinental Times Square- New York) to popular merchandise (e.g., iPads), and even 1 million Priority Club points! Priority Club Rewards will be the only travel loyalty program to offer members this chance to turn a single stay into a huge prize! The program will roll out in China and Japan beginning fall 2011.

Downloadable Media Rewards: Priority Club Rewards will be the first travel loyalty program to give members the flexibility to redeem their points directly for downloadable media, including the latest music hits and millions of other songs, plus eBooks, mobile games and applications, and computer software. This will open up a terrific opportunity for members to turn relatively small quantities of points into tangible rewards. The program will initially rollout online in English globally and in several European languages beginning late 2011."

And here is a list of the mostly cosmetic changes:

"As part of the new Priority Club Rewards look and feel, introduced are:

• Redesigned Priority Club® Rewards membership cards: A refreshed blue color palette with inspirational imagery from destinations around the world
    • Sleek, easy-to-use new website rolling out globally by late April; the only online booking site where members get rewarded with Priority Club points for their hotel stays: www.priorityclub.com
    • Custom photography included in member communications, advertising and marketing materials that will transport guests to some of the most beautiful destinations in the world
    • An informative, newly designed member e-statement
    • A new Priority Club Rewards logo"

2. Mark.Dragon
    Original Member

Mark.Dragon Silver Member

Status Points:
    The “Lucky Points” Sweepstakes sounds interesting for me but sadly - once again - its not for "every Member" around! When it will be possible for Members from Europe also i think i would give it a try.. ;)

Greetings Mark

3. RicGarrido
    Original Member

RicGarrido Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been thinking about Last Minute Reward Nights and the launch of that redemption option in the first week of May.

There was no mention of PointBreaks in the Press materials for the Priority Club relaunch.

The current set of Point Breaks hotels for reward nights at 5,000 points per night expires on April 30.

My question: Will this be the last set of Point Breaks hotels to be replaced as an award option by the Last Minute Reward Nights option?

4. edison
    Original Member

edison Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope Point Breaks remain as is but I feel there are more announcement to come in the coming weeks.

sobore likes this.
  5. infoworks
    Original Member

infoworks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mostly using ICs in the IHG chain, being an RA is the real benefit for me. Priority Club hasn't really produced much benefit for me in CPs or HIs generally, despite they always say the room is upgraded or similar (I have asked to see the lower quality room to compare and laughed at).

6. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It would really suck if the got rid of the point breaks.

sobore likes this.
  7. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:

If there are a decent amount of choices each week this could be outstanding! A great way to use points for weekend getaways!

DJP_707 likes this.
  8. below sea level
    Original Member

below sea level Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Last Minute Rewards Nights is the only change I find interesting. I hope that is successful enough for them to eventually offer it all year round.

sobore likes this.
  9. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully it will be more organized and reliable then the old Email weekend web specials they use to email, that never contained anything worth while, and rarely showed up.

Also notice they have new email sign up for For Exclusive Offers

10. ag51
    Original Member

ag51 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Only any use if you can get away at the last minute - lots of people (including me) need a bit more notice to get time off work, book flights, etc.

Globaliser likes this.