Priority club doesn't grant travelers the reward point earned

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by etgarvey, Feb 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. I travel for business all the time. My company provides a credit card to the hotel to cover my hotel expenses. They prefer to handle hotel expenses this way.
    My company uses this method of billing all the time. I've never had a problem accumulating points at any other chain (Marriott, Hilton, Sheraton, Best Western).

I recently had an assignment on Long Island. My company booked me at the Holiday Inn Express in Lynbrook. I was told by the hotel that I would not be granted points for my stay because a company credit card was used instead of a personla credit card.
    I called Priority Club and they told me that this is the way they handle reward points!
    I stayed at the hotel for over two months with no reward points. I would have changed hotels immediately but there was no other hotel available in the area that had rooms available for the period of my stay.

I will never stay at a Priority club property again. I am letting all of my colleagues know about this ridiculous policy.

uggboy and tondoleo like this.
  2. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP and thank you for providing this information. Sorry this occurred. It is something I have never heard about. It will be interesting to hear what others say about this.

uggboy and Mr. Silver Springer like this.
  3. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is this true for all HI's? I have no personal experience but my older sister stayed at a Staybridge Suites for ~3 months. The stay was directly paid for by the company. They gave her all the points.

uggboy likes this.
  4. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Stays of over 30 days do not earn points in some programs. Not sure about Priority Club.

uggboy and TheBeerHunter like this.
  5. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Definitely, hotels can claim that stays aren't eligible for reward points if they are booked through third-party sites or agencies. Does your office do that?

uggboy likes this.
  6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    My old company in Sydney had a very attractive rate at the IC there. The hotel (nor pc central office, upon my appeal) would grant points on our negotiated rate.

In that case, it had nothing to do with the form of payment.

In any event, I stayed at the Westin or my subsequent visits.

uggboy likes this.
  7. Mr. Silver Springer

Mr. Silver Springer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know Hilton will not give points for long stays. I have checked out and stayed one night at another Hilton and then back in to keep getting points. That worked for me.

uggboy likes this.
  8. stan
    Original Member

stan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would send a letter with a copy of your bill to the executive office addressed to the PRESIDENT , tell them your story --"nicely " explain why you fell it was unfair -- ask them to "please" credit ur acct --- if can not ,as a gesture of good will please show that you appreciate a loyal customer by awarding me points or a few free nights

uggboy and DJP_707 like this.
  9. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This must be something completely new. And must just be a mistake. I've gotten points on all types of rates including gov't direct bill, corp rates billed to co. credit cards, and even for direct billing to a customer of mines account. I give my PC # on check in and the points always posted. I'd follow Stan's suggestion and send a copy of your bill.

flyingdawg, FlyingBear and uggboy like this.