Priority Club® Rewards Introduces Priority Club Sweepstakes™ For Members In The U.S. And Canada

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by sobore, Aug 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.sacbee.com/2012/08/09/4709486/priority-club-rewards-introduces.html

First-in-kind contest creates chance to win trips, merchandise, gift cards and up to one million points

IHG's (InterContinental Hotels Group) Priority Club® Rewards today announced the launch of Priority Club Rewards® Sweepstakes, an industry-first redemption option that enables members to instantly redeem their Priority Club points for entries into a prize drawing.

Priority Club members in the U.S. and Canada can go to www.priorityclub.com/sweepstakes through Saturday, August 11th to redeem as few as 100 points for an entry in the current drawings. Members can enter each new drawing as many as ten times per day for a chance to win brand-name merchandise, gift cards and much more.

Starting Sunday, August 12th through Saturday, September 1, 2012, members will have an opportunity to win one million Priority Club points through entering the Priority Club Rewards Sweepstakes. With their new points balance, the winner could redeem for up to 20 Reward Night stays at any InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts worldwide.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/08/09/4709486/priority-club-rewards-introduces.html

2. tarheelblue
    Original Member

tarheelblue Silver Member

Status Points:
    100 points PER ENTRY for a chance to win an ipad or a $500 Home Depot gift card? No thanks.

Another great promotion from the marketing geniuses at e-prize, the same incompetents that brought us "Win it In a Minute Trivia" back in January 2011. Remember that one? Hackers discovered you could actually read the answers in your browser cache before you submitted the answers, and were getting near-perfect scores in a timed trivia game. Game was suspended, then returned, at which point everyone discovered that correct answers were deemed incorrect, and vice versa. They terminated the game only 3-4 weeks into a 12-week run.

I also find it interesting that the press release (dated August 9) linked to in the previous post says "IHG's Priority Club® Rewards today announced the launch of Priority Club Rewards® Sweepstakes..." But if they announced it on August 9, why does the sweepstakes entry page say "Redeem your Priority Club points from July 24th through August 11th for the opportunity to win these amazing prizes shown below"?

E-Prize=E-Fail.

daninstl, TheBeerHunter and baliparis like this.
  3. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nice to have the option for those who don't mind gambling a few points away for a chance at something decent.... or for those who only have a few points left and can at least have a chance and getting something when zeroing out their account.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think that's the same weird sweepstakes that Loyalty Traveler wrote about a while ago:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyaltytraveler/2012/07/26/priority-club-sweepstakes-ate-my-points/

baliparis and tarheelblue like this.
  5. tarheelblue
    Original Member

tarheelblue Silver Member

Status Points:
    baliparis likes this.
  6. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems like a problematic program. Also, is there transparency as to the process and results? For example, the lottery works because people know what the winning numbers are and what number they hold. Is there something similar for there raffles?

7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    If enough people participate, it's an excellent way for IHG to nuke part of their liabilities from the accrued points. I won't participate.

SC Flier, sobore and tarheelblue like this.
  8. The best use of PC points is for stays in their hotels. Anything else is an attempt at diversion of your points to something less costly to them.

mtlfire likes this.
  9. sendbillmoney

sendbillmoney Silver Member

Status Points:
    This sounds like a great investment, right up there with lottery tickets.

southender likes this.
  10. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    +1

I'll pass!

11. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's another thing that is not for non-US/Canada member :(

Not that I'll gamble my points for it though.

12. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    "The requested URL /sweepstakes was not found on this server." :rolleyes:

13. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps other countries don't allow such private lotteries or e-prize wasn't willing to research that. In fact, looking at what's required for a sweepstakes not to be a lottery in the US, I am not sure this qualifies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweepstakes#Sweepstakes_in_the_United_States

SC Flier likes this.
  14. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    It qualifies as a sweepstakes because you can enter for "free" by mail-in entries. Of course, you really have to pay the postal service in order to do that. These sweeps are available to residents of the UK, China, and Japan.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  15. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    HEY everybody just send me your 100 points and maybe I'll send one of you a $5 itunes card. "I'm calling it the Lose your points odds are as good of winning as they are on mycokerewards sweepstakes":rolleyes:

tarheelblue likes this.
  16. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just because I have nothing to do the next half hour, I'm going to mail in my entry. Your allowed 10 free entries per envelope per day so for .45 cents I can get 10 entries instead of wasting 400 points x 10 = 4000 pc points.

b. Free Method of Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes without redeeming points, hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers,
    email address (if any), date of birth and "Priority Club Sweepstakes/Lucky Draw" (as set forth on the “Sweepstakes” page) on a 3" x 5" piece of paper
    and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Priority Club Sweepstakes/Lucky Draw," the name of the prize for which you wish to enter,
    and c/o ePrize, LLC, P.O. Box 5046, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5046. For each mail-in request, you will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry for the prize you
    indicated on the envelope. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by September 4, 2012 and received by September 11, 2012. Limit: ten (10)
    requests per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or
    returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete,
    invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified. All mail-in entries must be postmarked and received by the
    dates set forth in the details of each individual Sweepstakes accessed from the “Sweepstakes” section of the Website.

17. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I can't hand-print -- is that discrimination?

SC Flier likes this.
  18. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, because you can outsource it with child labor.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  19. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Good point. I've some mechanical turk credit to spend anyway... off I go.

20. ConsultingChris

ConsultingChris Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was thinking about doing the manual entries for the 100K airline and 1MM PC Points. I have a roll of old stamps I need to use up since I do most of my mailing electronically now.