Priority boarding.

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by ACMM, Aug 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ar YYZ this evening and noted something on the priority boarding lane I had not seen before.

As before it listed Executive First, SE, E, and *G.

It also listed Latitude. I had not ever noticed this before. Has this been there for a while?

(Posted from my milePoint enabled iPhone)

2. Priority boarding is getting to be a joke. There is absolutely no separation of J class from other pax with status. It diminishes the product IMHO.

3. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    About to start boarding. Shall see how it goes :)

4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well they actually did call exec first, first. I was the first one on so cannot say who queued up behind. Did not look over my shoulder. :)

I must say I pleased they no longer board families with small children first. Sorry but that was a waste IMHO.

The Winger and MX like this.
  5. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've seen a sign like that before. Can't remember where but my vague, lounge-alcohol-affected recollection was that it I was boarding an International flight. It was only the one time though as I do remember thinking that the signage was just odd. This was something like a year or two ago. Again...lounge-alcohol-affected recollection so take it for what it's worth.

6. This is a new and improved Boarding procedure. Hopefully its not just for LHR flights. It wasn't that way in June when I went to LHR. The return from LHR was even more chaotic in an overcrowded boarding area.

7. milestoburn
    Original Member

milestoburn Gold Member

Status Points:
    boy do i actually like southwest bording...as cattle looking as it is...the gate lice at YYZ in both T1 and T3 is actually getting annoying.

8. global_happy_traveller
    Original Member

global_happy_traveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    U need to bring a sheep dog and a stick.

YULtide likes this.
  9. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Clearly the lounges need better-quality alcohol! :D

10. or pax who can handle it better;)

11. PhotoJim

PhotoJim Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd still like to see AC adopt some of United's ideas and let their Ps and *Ss board before general boarding. United's idea of doing it in phases is nice, and it would give them a chance to let SEs on before Es (and they could do this with their new status levels next year too).

I actually have a better travel experience flying UA with AC P status than I do flying on AC, unless I can upgrade, which, with 20 eUpgrade points (and 10 more once I hit 20K of SA flying) is not often.

YULtide and ACMM like this.
  12. maradori
    Original Member

maradori Silver Member

Status Points:
    For anyone who hasn't seen this sign, I encountered it at YUL a few months back. As igloocoder mentioned, it is quite likely that this might be international only (I was flying YUL-PUJ)

(I was sufficiently shocked to see Latitude that I took a photo of the sign)

[​IMG]

canucklehead, tomh009 and YULtide like this.
  13. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess if you're going to pay more for a Y seat than the most restrictive fare for J you may as well get some perk. I have seen the Latitude priority boarding before, but I have to say I've never heard it announced. Maybe I haven't paid attention.

maradori likes this.
  14. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Latitude was definitely not announced this week on my two flights from YYZ and EWR.

maradori and YULtide like this.
  15. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    did not hear Lat on my flights in LGA or YYZ either. The priority queue was actually not that long but the hard of hearing and misunderstood group made it seem longer - esp in LGA where there is little room to manouver when someone is asked to wait.

maradori and YULtide like this.
  16. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll try to pay attention on Monday's three flights.

canucklehead likes this.