Priority Boarding

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by igloocoder, Oct 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I was boarding my YUL-FRA flight the other day I noticed something about priority boarding on a big banner at the gate. This wasn't just the little sign that says "Priority -> and Economy <-". It was a narrow (~20" wide) and tall (~7.5') banner that explained who had access to priority boarding. If I remember correctly it said something like:
    Executive First​
    Super Elite​
    Elite​
    Star Alliance Gold​
    Latitude​

I've never seen the banner before (and the gate was infected by lice so I couldn't get a clear picture), but I also haven't been on many international flights recently either, but since when did "Latitude" get you priority boarding?

2. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haven't seen this yet, but UA has a new sign that is similar, listing the specifics of who can use which line and who qualifies for what they now call the PREMIER line. Guess because Latitude is full fare so have similar priority to exec/exec first...and I suppose rightly they should have first dibs on overhead storage space for their carry-ons since they've paid more than other economy passengers. However, don't suppose there are very many people buying Latitude fares who are not already STARGolds.

tomh009 likes this.
  3. When you add in people with young children and the wheel chair priority boarding is becoming a farce.

4. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Increasingly it is wheel chair assistance that boards but families are being relegated behind premium and elite passengers.

5. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have noticed that on some flights. Not so in LHR yesterday.

[Sent from my milePoint enabled iPhone]