Printed from PC Boarding Pass Free Drink Coupon for Medallions Disappeared

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by centralpark, Apr 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. centralpark

centralpark Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I print my boarding pass from a PC, Delta has included a coupon on the boarding pass for a free drink. I printed mine today and no coupon appeared. Have they done away with this perk? Thanks in advance for clearing this up.

TravelBear likes this.
  2. AMPfromBNA

AMPfromBNA Silver Member

Status Points:
    CentralPark,

I thought the same thing! I used to be 50/50 for getting the coupon, as a PM, when I had no confirmed upgrades. In the past 30 days, with 4 flights (2 RT), I havent received a single one. HOWEVER, I did see someone in line next to me on my most recent flight, and he had one on his print-at-home boarding pass.

It makes me wonder if they have some sort of "logic" behind these. On most of my flights, I was near the top of the UG list. I wonder if this factors in somehow. They probably got sick of FC UG exchanging them for the snack boxes.

TravelBear likes this.
  3. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, I never got a coupon for the BP at home. The only logic I ever heard (and it was here, so take it for what rumor is worth) was that you could get a coupon if NO segment upgraded and then at random.

On the other hand, I offered to give up a seat on a full flight. As it turned out, DL did not need it. The GA didn't have any coupons to give me for a free drink. But she spoke with the flight leader, who gave me a pre take off drink (in Y) and gave me the FCL wine in a glass + a FCL snack. I almost felt bad....but that bad. LOL

Dave

4. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I don't get upgraded in advance, which is pretty much always as a DL Gold, I get the coupon printing it at home IF you print WITH weather and destination highlights. It never prints if I choose to print without those.

TravelBear likes this.
  5. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I get them randomly whether or not I've been upgraded. A couple of times I did not get one at first but reprinted my boarding passes later and received one. I'd say I receive one 30 to 40% of the time. And again, for me anyhow, I'm just as likely to receive one for an upgraded flight as not. Pretty silly.

TravelBear likes this.
  6. prgman

prgman Active Member

Status Points:
    Why don't you use the PRINT SCREEN key to capture the screen you see the coupon at. Then you can paste the image to any image editor (i.e. irfanview.com) and print it from there.
    I never got the free drink coupon, but then I never printed my pass with the highlights. I will try it the next time, thanks!